My farm in SC TN

FTG-05

I found DHF via TNDeer and Wayne (of 1000 Chestnut Trees fame).

I used to avidly hunt deer until 2005 when I just lost interest. Now I live on my little 38 acre farm in TN, I'm used to seeing them pretty much all the time.

Since I found a family that likes deer meat but they have no place to hunt of their own, I've decided to start shooting them. Not hunt them, just shoot them. Hunting implies I have to work at it or apply some sort of intelligence to the issue besides just sit there, wait for them to come by, then point and shoot.

So far this year, I've got 5 does. Now another friend just had twins and one of them is in the hospital - over 40 miles away. Yea, no time to hunt for them. No problem, have deer will kill.

Pic of my place:

My%20Farm_zpsxpvp2ujk.jpg

My property sits on top of a ridge. Everything to the north of the driveway goes downhill about 200 feet or so. Fantastic views of the valley below - typical beautiful TN hill country.

I killed two does opening day Nov. 18 in the upper right field and then 3 does last Saturday night out of my pole barn (white dot in the triangular shaped field.

I'd go out tonight and shoot some more but I've decided to stay at home and drink. There's always tomorrow....

ETA: Since I mentioned Wayne, ethical self-disclosure requires me to tell you that I completely missed the 2016 Chestnut sale this year. that's the bad news. The good news is that only one person is ahead of me for the 2017 year list . Yay!

Last edited:
Native Hunter

He lost my contact info when the QDMA forum shut down. :rolleyes: I imagine we will continue to see people show up here from that closed forum.

He has nice farm for a gun hunter - not a great deal of walking to the stand.

I am going to see if I have more chestnuts than I can find a growing container for. If that is the case I am going to get him growing some chestnuts real soon.

Did you miss the chestnuts because you were home drinking? :D:D

Just joking. Nice land. I love Tennessee....

No! It was because I failed to keep up with the QDMA forums for the sole purpose of Wayne/1000 Chestnut Trees! That's why I went there! [Sigh] I lost the bubble and din't find it again until the TNDeer thread, and here I am.

Oh, and still drinking, but that's neither here nor there.

Native Hunter

He lost my contact info when the QDMA forum shut down. :rolleyes: I imagine we will continue to see people show up here from that closed forum.

He has nice farm for a gun hunter - not a great deal of walking to the stand.

I am going to see if I have more chestnuts than I can find a growing container for. If that is the case I am going to get him growing some chestnuts real soon.

+61 years and my last appointment with my knee Doctor: If my knees were tires, the tire store would refuse to patch them!

Yea I take the RTV taxi when I go to my stands. :(

So are yall using those Wayne Chestnuts to make moonshine! I see a new TV show in the making.
Congrats to you for providing some meat to your friends!

Lak

If that was true I could sell more and a much better profit margin.

Was your operation a knee replacement? Our new user sounds like he may have one in the future.

Back