Looky here......

Drycreek

I just have to brag on my wife. She’s never fished much at all because if they don’t bite, she gets bored. Well, I arranged a guided trip on Lake Fork for today and she had a blast catching her part of these catfish. The biggest ran eight pounds and we had a few more in the four to six pound range. Met the guide at 6:30, started fishing about 7:00, and by 11:00 A. M. we had a fifty fish limit and were headed back in. The weather was perfect with good cloud cover and a five/six mph breeze. AFE51459-C75D-45CF-8A93-22B50AEBC4D9.jpegE37B999D-FCBE-4BC3-839A-9347533BAC99.jpegA84D0F6E-6DD8-4BE1-A962-96F1FA706F97.jpegA2DC2F1F-6729-47F7-9829-D5E66D2D4507.jpeg

Wow! Those trips are very affordable when you can bring home some serious lbs of meat!

I'm a new convert to eating catfish. I am envious.

Fish fry coming up. Some southerners in Miss have taught me a thing or two about southern hospitality in the past three and a half years, and one of those things was how to do a fish fry right. A can't miss type of experience.

Wow! Those trips are very affordable when you can bring home some serious lbs of meat!

I'm a new convert to eating catfish. I am envious.

Yessir, we had three gallon ziplocks of fillets. That will be several meals for me and momma !

I fish on my own too, but I wanted her to experience fish catching at its best.

Nice mess of catfish! I love Lake Fork but I have to say I'd be bass fishing that lake. I've had two poles snapped, sprained a wrist, and had 30 lb test break fighting bass on Lake Fork. Man they have some whoppers in that lake!

Nice mess of catfish! I love Lake Fork but I have to say I'd be bass fishing that lake. I've had two poles snapped, sprained a wrist, and had 30 lb test break fighting bass on Lake Fork. Man they have some whoppers in that lake!

Yes they do, and my former fishing partner and I fished on Fork for several years before he died there. He and another guy were struck by lightning on Fork about 25 years ago. I was supposed to fish with him that day but my son and I were turkey hunting out in Central Texas on our lease. I could hardly believe it. Sad time for me. I can’t think of Fork without thinking of him and all the good times we shared.

But life goes on, and on the brighter side, we ate Fork catfish tonight and it was good ! I think we bagged nine meals for the freezer also. It was $275 and a $25 tip for me to see my wife have so much fun, and worth every penny !

Yes they do, and my former fishing partner and I fished on Fork for several years before he died there. He and another guy were struck by lightning on Fork about 25 years ago. I was supposed to fish with him that day but my son and I were turkey hunting out in Central Texas on our lease. I could hardly believe it. Sad time for me. I can’t think of Fork without thinking of him and all the good times we shared.

But life goes on, and on the brighter side, we ate Fork catfish tonight and it was good ! I think we bagged nine meals for the freezer also. It was $275 and a $25 tip for me to see my wife have so much fun, and worth every penny !
Money well Spent !!

Back