Tooln

I think it would be nice if all users had to post their home/property location in their where their name shows. A user asking for a suggestion on what to plant if its a tree or plot will have a better chance of getting better answer. What worked for me in central WI may not work for someone from down south or in further north and vise/versa.

I would say this matters to me. I tracked Chinese Chestnut distribution by state. I am looking at new names and don't have a clue where they are from. In a post to give good advice - knowing where they live matters most every time for certain topics.
Just my 2 cents ...

Right now if you click on a user, their location pops up under their avatar. I don't know how to make it show up automatically, but I'll dig into the options in Sunday when I get home.

Right now if you click on a user, their location pops up under their avatar. I don't know how to make it show up automatically, but I'll dig into the options in Sunday when I get home.
I'm sorry but I think your wrong. I have tried this and not seen a location. If they enter it in their profile then you will see it but if not entered it won't be there. I'm not asking for a street address but general location. Central WI, Southern Georgia, West Texas etc.

Yeah, you are right. I misunderstood you. The individual user has to imput that information before it shows up. That's all on the user though, it's not something we can make them do. It's a good idea though that I hope everyone will agree to do.

Don't know if this would be a new thread or a variation of this one. Is there a way we can gather a 'user group' from info on the info page? For example, I'd love to have a 'group' of people who list Virginia in their profile. Especially if the computer would capture VA, Virginia, etc. It would make the site much more valuable for my food plotting and fruit tree activities. ????????

OK, so I should have searched the prior posts a bit better. I see this has been addressed before. Still, would be nice to post or PM the other Virginia members and see what their experiences have been of food plots and fruit trees. Maybe swap some scion wood and planting tips.

Back