Kubota tiller shaft

JohnL48

Anyone know how I can extend this shaft for the L850 tiller ? It has a weird spline and I cand find an extension to weld on. The previous owner cut it and it was a bit short to begin with and I got a quick hitch which pretty much kills it. I can't find a new universal shaft because the slip clutch has a small spline hook up too

20180414_170110-600x800.jpg

In my experience any good machine shop could fix you up.Maybe I'm missing something, but it just does not seem that complicated a job to me. It won't be cheap,but what choice do you have?

If you are wanting the female splined section, I see that would be hard to find. What is stopping you from cutting the female splined section at the U joint , adding a piece of schedule 40 pipe.

If you are wanting the female splined section, I see that would be hard to find. What is stopping you from cutting the female splined section at the U joint , adding a piece of schedule 40 pipe.
That's a good idea, just wonder if I can get it straight and balanced enough

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

That's a good idea, just wonder if I can get it straight and balanced enough

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
That's where the machine shop comes in. Chuck it up in a lathe and make pass to true it up and cut it. Machine the bore of the makeup piece for a tight true fit and weld it. I does not spin all that fast to worry about balance if everything else is true. Look for a local trade school.

Back