Kansas Forest Service

mattpatt

Just received my flyer from Kansas Forestry Service about their annual tree sale. In my experience, they always have nice trees and have been very easy to deal with in the past. So if you live in a state that they will ship to you might consider ordering. Here’s a list of what they have. There may be more available when online ordering opens up September 1st.

https://www.kansasforests.org/conse...s/Seedling Order form fall 2021 7-28-2021.pdf

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto. Cheap quality trees from people that are easy to work with.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

For sure buying a few oaks from them in March/April next year. Anxious to give them a shot on our place.

Their DCO are good. Bought some last year. For less than $4 a tree shipped. Can’t beat it. You can’t grow them for that if you consider your time and everything you put in. All 25 of mine put out when planted. Can’t say they all made it but that wasn’t KS fault.

Matt

I had good success with their sand plum bare root trees
These state nurseries( MDC,Kansas,etc) are candy stores to me

bill

The email I got said it was their container trees that were on sale now.They do have good bare roots for sure

I'm curious what these look like when they arrive. If anyone has a pic, I'd love to see it.

I'm curious what these look like when they arrive. If anyone has a pic, I'd love to see it.

Depends on what you get but mine were about 12”-18” whips. They haven’t grown much either.

Matt

Depends on what you get but mine were about 12”-18” whips. They haven’t grown much either.

Matt

More curious about how they ship them containerized without making a mess

Better hurry if interested in Fall seedlings

Appears to be a run on them at Kansas Forest Service

Lotta "sold outs" over at MDC as well

bill

The good thing about the Kansas Forest Service containerized trees is they are a 2" plug. I bought a 2" auger bit for the drill and planting them is the easiest thing I do now.

KS Forest Service doesnt actually grow any bare root trees anymore. All their bare root inventory comes from other growers, they have went to growing only containerized stock. I know they did or are going to start growing in slightly larger plug tubes.

I picked up my trees yesterday in Manhattan. They look really good. 12”-18” is accurate and still the 2” pots for now.
91ace4dcafbb4b7ec9faacb5acb31f8b.jpeg

da878dce151dba28daed4d80c048c5b2.jpg

There are several in there like this. 20” whip. They are going in the ground today.
d58c1122e4d0bfb044b44fe35ffbc439.jpg

Back