JD Hydrostatic Pedal Fix

dogghr

Love my hydrostatic tranny on the tractor but after 7 years it began to have issues going from forward to reverse w/o going in to an aggravating pause mode. It got so bad last time cleaning out a ditch w the bucket I thot it might just get stranded and in addition it was a huge frustration waiting for the Error 1 code to clear and let me continue.
Thot some may have similar issue and want to know simple fix of this problem.
The system, the same on my JD lawnmower , has a safety feature to prevent both pedals being activated at the same time.
Easy enough fix. Lift floor mat, remove screws holding protective cover that sits below floor frame.
Crawl under tractor. Spray contact cleaner to the metal receivers. Clean good with rag. While there lube well ( not w WD 40. Great for lots of things but not a perm lube )all movable parts.
Clean out cover bin which will have some debris in it.
Reattach cover.
Tractor works better than new w instant transfer from forward to reverse.
Sorry forgot pic of transfer contacts themselves.
Side note, when getting new tractor they spray everything w paint. Remove all ground wires, 3 for a JD, sand off paint and reconnect.

I have a pretty basic barn not having concrete floors like some of you spoiled guys! I kid, kinda.
1f9b05eba3782552271577b3fd0de2bf.jpg

Retaining screws beneath rubber mat.
1bf9c847ad4b91e250ed858d1aac8fa9.jpg

dddf4843febad72581c78756608aa392.jpg

5604ba398b20913bbce954f393a1644f.jpg

Another side note…. While this is a great light for hunting , it remains in my Jeep as it is great working on equipment. Adjustable focus, very bright, and batteries last forever.
2800ee80e53e7748d6db8bcbc61fc52e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really good info, especially since I have a 3520. One thing that I do on a regular basis is open both doors (prop the passenger side like you did because of the irritating lack of a lift cylinder to hold it open) and blow out the dust, including under the mat, which I feel is helpful in keeping everything working. But I'm going to lube my pedals and clean the contact points anyway now that you pointed it out. The pics are very helpful.
Also, another common problem that I discovered with this series, I just had an error code 6 on my John Deere 3520 and it required a new #LVA17409 speed sensor to fix it. The sensor is located about in the side of the transmission about in the middle of the housing, and when you pull it out transmission oil pours out, so have the new one ready to stick in.
ede541ef5abdc20129d4da89847699ca.jpg

Really good info, especially since I have a 3520. One thing that I do on a regular basis is open both doors (prop the passenger side like you did because of the irritating lack of a lift cylinder to hold it open) and blow out the dust, including under the mat, which I feel is helpful in keeping everything working. But I'm going to lube my pedals and clean the contact points anyway now that you pointed it out. The pics are very helpful.
Also, another common problem that I discovered with this series, I just had an error code 6 on my John Deere 3520 and it required a new #LVA17409 speed sensor to fix it. The sensor is located about in the side of the transmission about in the middle of the housing, and when you pull it out transmission oil pours out, so have the new one ready to stick in.
ede541ef5abdc20129d4da89847699ca.jpg
I'll make note of that. Dang tractors are worse than cars with all the tech anymore.
I was at farm today and dang I wish I had cleaned those hydrostatic sensors long ago. Tractor more responsive than ever. Always had a slight lag but now instaneous. Love it. My older Deere never had the issue. I think your 3 series has tabs for the cover, and screws.
And yes, no lift cylinder on right side door is rediculous.

Back