I think I scored today

T-Max

I went to the local nursery today to pick up a couple apple trees I had ordered. When they had me pull around back I noticed that they had to cultipackers sitting behind a building. Jokingly I asked if they would sell me one. To my surprise the guy said sure. $100! It's 4 feet wide and seems to be about the right to be pulled behind my four wheeler. Sometimes it's the little things...
IMG_0516.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to the local nursery today to pick up a couple apple trees I had ordered. When they had me pull around back I noticed that they had to cultipackers sitting behind a building. Jokingly I asked if they would sell me one. To my surprise the guy said sure. $100! It's 4 feet wide and seems to be about the right to be pulled behind my four wheeler. Sometimes it's the little things...
View attachment 9177

The observant bird gets the worm. You've got yourself a deal, those things sell used,in rusty condition for around $100 per foot. If you have trouble sleeping go back and give the guy more money. (or quick buy the rest of them and turn a nice profit on Craigslist)

Agree with Mennoniteman, seems like when food plots got popular it drove the cost of old farm equipment up in price.

After we had this one loaded, I made an inquiry about the other. He wanted to hang onto it. You guys are kinda making me feel guilty...

I would go back and buy the 2nd one also. I lucked into a 8' double roller one last for $500 delivered. I had to re-do the 4 outside bearings but that was easy fix. The original bearing were wood but I used 2 layers of PVC pipe and has been good for 2 seasons with no evidence of wearing out.

Back