Horizontal rubs???

Ted Miller and Ranch Fairy were brought to the attention of a lot of people by a YouTube Channel called The Hunting Public, which are a bunch of young guys who hunt public land in various states. In my opinion they make great content that is enjoyable to watch. I say that as a guy who cannot stand watching hunting shows or at least 99% of them. Steve Rinella and The Hunting Public Guys are the only hunting related shows I enjoy. The Hunting Public Guys do some things differently like spot and stalk Whitetails on public ground, hunting from the ground without a groundblind, using tree saddles exclusively. They also have interesting guests like Ted Miller showing his horizontal rubs and Troy- aka Ranch Fairy who espouses Ashby’s wisdom. Ranch Fairy had his own YouTube channel but got a lot of interest via the THP guys. The Ranch Fairy guy has a personality that makes a lot of people dislike him but the criticisms he got on here and gets other places about “ripping off” Ashby are unfounded. The guy routinely cites Ashby and his purpose is to bring Dr. Ashby’s work to a wider audience to help hunters effectively and ethically kill more game. I’m not plugging for the THP guys, but just letting you guys who don’t watch them know where this stuff is coming from and also letting you know that most all of you would probably find their stuff highly entertaining and informative to watch. The bonus is it doesn’t come with 15 minutes of sponsorship talking points like a Grant Woods Video. Just hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Thanks! That was very helpful and informative.

Ted Miller and Ranch Fairy were brought to the attention of a lot of people by a YouTube Channel called The Hunting Public, which are a bunch of young guys who hunt public land in various states. In my opinion they make great content that is enjoyable to watch. I say that as a guy who cannot stand watching hunting shows or at least 99% of them. Steve Rinella and The Hunting Public Guys are the only hunting related shows I enjoy. The Hunting Public Guys do some things differently like spot and stalk Whitetails on public ground, hunting from the ground without a groundblind, using tree saddles exclusively. They also have interesting guests like Ted Miller showing his horizontal rubs and Troy- aka Ranch Fairy who espouses Ashby’s wisdom. Ranch Fairy had his own YouTube channel but got a lot of interest via the THP guys. The Ranch Fairy guy has a personality that makes a lot of people dislike him but the criticisms he got on here and gets other places about “ripping off” Ashby are unfounded. The guy routinely cites Ashby and his purpose is to bring Dr. Ashby’s work to a wider audience to help hunters effectively and ethically kill more game. I’m not plugging for the THP guys, but just letting you guys who don’t watch them know where this stuff is coming from and also letting you know that most all of you would probably find their stuff highly entertaining and informative to watch. The bonus is it doesn’t come with 15 minutes of sponsorship talking points like a Grant Woods Video. Just hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

My SIL likes to watch that show on the Amazon Fire TV. He mentioned it to me several times. I watched part of a show with him and it was a good show.

I found my first horizontal rub last year. I found my second one about a week ago; I'll try to sneak in and get a photo of it today or tomorrow. I think there might be something to it; however, I'll suspend judgment untll I can gather more information. I definitely will create one .... the two I found were natural.
Resized photo ... let's see if I got it. Yes!
It's an Osage Orange limb I cut and stuffed into some bushes; no intention to create a rub.

I'll add a photo of what may be another horizontal rub; he apparently didn't stay after it for very long but beat up 6 other small trees within 40' of this. Hope the photo will upload.

Attachments

• rsz_scrape_&_rub_2019.jpg
    rsz_scrape_&_rub_2019.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 0
  • horz rub 2 (2).JPG
    horz rub 2 (2).JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back