help me pick a new camera

Nebraskaz71

My main camera that goes in my yard at home is a bushnell HD and the prongs that read the memory card broke inside so it cant save anything anymore. My max budget is 200, I ALWAYS have the camera set on video mode in my yard. Anyone got any recommendations for a good trail camera that does videos in my budget? Much appreciated

Justin

i'm currently thinking either the newer bushnell aggressor no glow or the browing spec ops extreme

Last edited:
My main camera that goes in my yard at home is a bushnell HD and the prongs that read the memory card broke inside so it cant save anything anymore. My max budget is 200, I ALWAYS have the camera set on video mode in my yard. Anyone got any recommendations for a good trail camera that does videos in my budget? Much appreciated

Justin

i'm currently thinking either the newer bushnell aggressor no glow or the browing spec ops extreme
I like Bushnell. I've found them more trouble free than some others I've had.

The cell cams eat batteries like crazy. And you want video, so a cell cam isnt really for you. Get an aggressor. I had 10 or 12 brownings and got rid of them all. The bushnells are better cameras. You can find aggressors on ebay for abput 120

I run Coverts and have been really happy with their "middle of the line" MP series. I have a few MP6's that are 3 years old and some 2 year old MP8's. They stay out most of the year. The humid/rainy/hot environment of Hawaii is pretty hard on cameras but I have not tested them in extreme cold.

Thats funny ,I will never buy another browning,they might take pics one week and not the next and now they tell me that you must use lithiums and have SD cards that only are used in that camera.best deal I have found is the moultrie 880 from rogers outdoors.i would also look at trailcampro.com as they do really good tests and offer special like free SD cards and have 2 year warranty on some items

Exodus is $229.00 and a no BS warranty that would probably cover the problem you are having with your old camera. I run 35 of them and have only had one problem in which they just sent me a new camera. Exodusoutdoorgear.com

I wouldn't buy some of the Brownings. I think their black flash cameras are a little behind the curve. The 2015 BTC 5HD was a good camera, other than it had SD card issues. The 2016 BTC 5HDE has been bullet proof. I'm running better than a dozen of them, year around. I have yet to have a problem. Some are still on their first 6 Duracell AA, after over 10,000 pics. It's as close a camera to Reconyx as I've ever seen, and I paid $89 for most of them on black Friday. The only thing I don't know is longevity of the camera compared to the Reconyx. But $89 vs. $600 is a no-brainer when you need enough cams to cover a bunch of ground, I think the non-sale price for them is $139.

As far as Moultrie, one of the best cameras ever was the 2013 Moultrie 990 black flash. Great camera 3 of 4 of mine are still working. I liked them so bought more in 2014, they were totally re engineered junk. The only Coverts I run are 3 2015 Code Black cell cameras. They are a constant problem, but are better than the 2016s. When they are dead, I'm done with Covert.

Sucks to see so many unhappy with the browning, according to the trail cam review sites the spec ops extreme model is suppose to be really good but sounds like a lot of reliability probs on here.

Exodus is $229.00 and a no BS warranty that would probably cover the problem you are having with your old camera. I run 35 of them and have only had one problem in which they just sent me a new camera. Exodusoutdoorgear.com
never heard of them, gonna have to look into them, they sound good

Back