Green Cover Seed SE PA Group Order?

RGrizzzz

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone interested in sharing shipping costs for a pallet from Green Cover Seed in SE PA. They're a big name in cover crops. We've moved our plots to no-till, and want to run their mixes this year. Our plan is below. I'm likely going to order by the end of the month.

Spring - cool season soil builder - overseed/broadcast
Summer - warm season soil builder - drilled
Fall - cool season deer mix - drilled

Their mixes - Mixes Archives » Green Cover Seed

Anyone interested in sharing shipping costs for a pallet from Green Cover Seed in SE PA. They're a big name in cover crops. We've moved our plots to no-till, and want to run their mixes this year. Our plan is below. I'm likely going to order by the end of the month.

Have you gotten a quote on getting a pallet there? Just curious what that's going for nowadays.

I planted Green Cover's Warm Season Soil Builder last summer and suggest dialing back the Sorghum Sudan Grass a bit. It shaded out the other plants in the mix. Are you terminating via herbicide or crimping?

I planted Green Cover's Warm Season Soil Builder last summer and suggest dialing back the Sorghum Sudan Grass a bit. It shaded out the other plants in the mix. Are you terminating via herbicide or crimping?
Good feedback. Going to crimp. We had a DIY mix with sorghum this summer and didn't have issues with competition. Any chance you still have that info from the seed label? Curious to see off it matches their smart mix recommendation.

Good feedback. Going to crimp. We had a DIY mix with sorghum this summer and didn't have issues with competition. Any chance you still have that info from the seed label? Curious to see off it matches their smart mix recommendation.

I don't have the seed label. I'm going down the same Regen road with a crimper and dialing in mixes from Green Cover. Have you had good termination with your crimper?

I don't have the seed label. I'm going down the same Regen road with a crimper and dialing in mixes from Green Cover. Have you had good termination with your crimper?
We got it late last summer. We didn't have a ton to crimp at the time, but it seemed to kill anything that crimp terminates. We'll be crimping rye and whatever comes up/back from our fall blend, which did poorly due to an AWFUL drought.

Pulled the trigger today. Shipping was $343 to a local terminal. Added about $8.75/bag. Pandemic shipping prices went up!

Grizz, I believe I read somewhere that you broadcasted GC's cool season mix this spring? How is it coming along? I planned to drill a cool season soil builder this spring and letting it go until August but it's been too wet so it looks like I'll be planting a cool season mix later than I'd like.

Grizz, I believe I read somewhere that you broadcasted GC's cool season mix this spring? How is it coming along? I planned to drill a cool season soil builder this spring and letting it go until August but it's been too wet so it looks like I'll be planting a cool season mix later than I'd like.
Not sure yet for the overseeded stuff. Fall planted things were just starting to resprout the last time anyone was at camp. I'll have a better idea in 2-3 weeks, depending on when my permission slip gets granted. We did plant a number of things in this mix in our fall mix, and the deer had been keeping them lip high, and they're the first things to green up. They ease off when the trees start to bud out, which is around now. A summer soil builder mix will go in around Memorial day.

I still have a few bags left, if anyone local is interested. (5 cool season soil builder and 5 warm season deer mix)

Back