Great Trips

Hoosierhunting

Hey all, I'm just starting to look at planning a guided elk hunt for next year and am interested in recommendations from your personal experience. I thought it might be cool if people shared their favorite outdoor related trips, including great guide/outfitter experiences if used. Here's a couple of mine to start:

1. Reelfoot Lake, TN. Late May annual panfish trip. Stay at Gray's Camp, very basic accommodations but perfect for a guys fishing trip. You can fill the boat with monster gills/shellcrackers/crappie and the lake is very unique. Never used a guide because we've been going for years but Gray's offers guide services.

2. Boundary Waters Canoe Area, MN. Amazing wilderness canoe/kayak fishing trip. Permits may dictate your time of trip. I prefer Quetico but base your trip on your own preferences fishing/solitude/wildlife. There's a whole forum dedicated to trip planning if you're interested.

3. Buffalo Butte Ranch, Gregory, SD. Great lodge that can provide small group or large group pheasant hunts. Not the cheapest route but very nice accommodations and they supply guides, dogs, meals, sporting clay rounds. If you like wingshooting you will like this place.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with the places named, just have enjoyed the experiences they offer. I feel the folks on this forum are way more credible than website reviews, etc. Looking forward to hearing your favorite outdoor trips.

For drop camp elk hunts, I've been going to Sable Mountain Outfitters in Meeker CO. It's public land in the flat tops wilderness area. We've had good success over the years and there are plenty of elk if you are willing to put in the leg work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For drop camp elk hunts, I've been going to Sable Mountain Outfitters in Meeker CO. It's public land in the flat tops wilderness area. We've had good success over the years and there are plenty of elk if you are willing to put in the leg work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll check them out.

Back