Fimco sprayer mod.

F12Mahon

I have a Fimco 25 gallon spot sprayer sprayer that always leaves spray mixture in the bottom that it can't suck out. I decided to remedy it today. I was at Menards and bought a couple things. This thread was the inspiration for doing this.
http://deerhunterforum.com/index.php?threads/fimco-utv-sprayer.3892/

Garden hose to 1/2" hose barb adapter.

Sprayer mod
by Eugene McMahon, on Flickr

I didn't take a picture of the label of the 1/2" hose I bought. Here is a picture of the result.

Sprayer mod

I propped up the opposite end about 6". It really works well. I had about a quart of brushkiller spray left from prior use and I used it on the violets, creeping charlie and dandelions in my back yard. I had maybe a thimbleful left. I put in some water to rinse it so I can spray some Clethodim tomorrow. If you do this beware any foriegn material in your tank. If it isn't clean you will be sucking stuff through the pump that isn't meant to go there. If I have a problem I may add a Banjo filter.

Homemade spray boom. Three nozzle holders with TurboTeejet nozzles fence stapled to a 2X4 on 18" centers. I can hang it off the tailgate of my pickup or I have a platform for the sleeve hitch of my Cub Cadet. In that case it straddles the sprayer.

Sprayer mod

I had the same tank on a trailer. I messed up the cute little trailer so I built a 2x6 frame and bolted the tank to it. Fits in my Ranger bed and it's so much more versatile vs a trailer. I can now reach the valves from the seat and the toggle on/off as well. I only have two spray heads but it sprays about 12' wide. Just right for spraying narrow plots on trails.

Your hose hookup to the drain is so simple that anybody should have thought of it.......but I didn't ! My tank leaves some mix in the bottom also and I will be doing this mod to mine. I guess a guy could put one of those hose washers with a screen in the hose. The screen might be a tad course but I think it would work. I think I can buy that hose at TSC. Thanks for the idea ! Your royalty check is in the mail;)

I like it! Barnyard engineering at it's best. I have about the same tank on my cropcare ATV sprayer, and I've never really noticed a lot of spray left int the tank after it starts sucking air. The tank has three lower bumps molded into the bottom of the tank, and it has a hose with a screen bubble that's in one of those lower bottoms of the tank, the hose has plenty of length so it's curved tight against the bottom. When it's almost empty I like to be drivingon a bit of a sidehill slope so the rest of the liquid all runs to the lift hose. I'd say that I usually have a quart or two left after the nozzles lose pressure. How much are you thinking that you had left in your tank before you made this mod?

V
I like washing machine hose screen idea. The point of the cone would have to be toward the tank so forien material would tend to go to the outside edge. Have to look at mine again to see if it would fit. If not maybe a double female on the tank, then the screen, then a male hose end on the hose. May be able to use a 45 degree chamfer tool on the tank to make room.

I usually have between a half pint and a quart left over. Depends how long I let it suck air.

Just email it so I get it faster! :D

I found a washer screen and it worked just fine. It's fine enough got any bugs or leaves that might get in the tank.

Eugene

Next time I load mine up I'll get a picture of it. It works so much better in the Ranger than it did as a trailer.

I have the trailer type sprayer and i extended the suction hose from the inside of the tank with a piece of rubber hose and a 2 oz fishing weight to hold it down. Put a 1/2 inch coupling at the pin to get tank at slight angle and hardly hard any chemical left. I tried the idea like you did but kept hanging cut off trees from cutting but only had this problem because it was on trailer and low to ground.

I have the trailer type sprayer and i extended the suction hose from the inside of the tank with a piece of rubber hose and a 2 oz fishing weight to hold it down. Put a 1/2 inch coupling at the pin to get tank at slight angle and hardly hard any chemical left. I tried the idea like you did but kept hanging cut off trees from cutting but only had this problem because it was on trailer and low to ground.

The trailer worked well in my yard except when I changed to a zero turn mower I could no longer reach the valves and I was always afraid the wires were gonna get pinched going under the seat to the battery. When I ran astraddle a dead pine limb in my front yard (that ain't really my yard) and bent the trailer tongue I decided to make it fit my Ranger. I had already had the idea, but that made it a necessity.

In my boom picture above.the spacing didn't look like the 18" I said. I just checked and they are on 30" centers.

Eugene

Back