Extreame Cold Coveralls

PopPop

Looking to buy a new pair of Hunting/camo coveralls for extreme cold. I figure you guys would know best of all. What are your thoughts pros/cons. I would like something that is quite. Hunting all day long.
Thanks
PopPop

For the past 15 or more years, I have been wearing some I bought at Sam’s Club. I bought some for a friend while visiting the Rocky Boot Headquarters in Ohio last year and wore them once while I had them. Super warm and quiet. He gave me the jacket a couple of weeks ago because it doesn’t fit him right. I had another friend go by Rocky and pick up the bibs for me. Should have them next week. If you can get to Nelsonville, Ohio, visit the store. The bibs are $149.99 online, but you can get them at the store for $59.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked some up at the Army Surplus store. They were cheap and way better than anything I've seen at a regular store. Of course Surplus stores are a hit and miss thing, but there is some pretty good military stuff out there to be had at good prices.

I know you said your looking for a one piece. However some years back I bought a Bibs and Jacket set from Bass Pro that I really like.

First off with bibs n jacket you can pick each to fit you which sometimes a one piece really doesn’t do.

2nd the jacket is a 2-part in that there is a nice jacket that zips inside of a Parka. The jacket is perfect for those days when it’s cold but not freezing. Add the parka and your good for an all day sit in cold weather.

Just another option to consider.

If I was planning to sit in sub zero out on a tree or in a non heated blind, although I’ve never had one that Heater Body Suit is the highest rated cold weather suit I know of. But you can’t do any walking in them.

If price isn’t an issue, look at the IWOMs as well as the heater body suit. IWOM on my wish list, might have to sell my gall bladder or something.

I bought a heater body suit. I used it during the January muzzleloader season in Ohio. 2 degrees. I was toasty!

I’ve was using a heater body suit before it was cool. We see to call them “military sleeping bags”. Lol.

If don't want all the bulk and extra gear to lug around i would not look past First Lite and pony up for something that will last you long time. Been wearing their sanctuary bibs/jacket for past 2 years into January in Northern WI and i wear the jacket/bibs with my base layers and i am good down to teens before need to throw on some type of mid-layer. The jacket is made with a "shooters cut" so i never have to worry about my bow string catching. They are the real deal, expensive, but my last jacket/bibs combo i wore for over 10 years, so its an investment in my eyes.

I love my Dewalt Heated Jacket for cold weather sits. And a pair of Rocky bibs to go with.
51minfurYqL._AC_.jpg

DEWALT DCHJ074D1-XL Realtree Xtra️ Camouflage Heated Hoodie, X-Large, Camouflage Price: $179.99 + $6.49 shipping https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCHJ0...SCKMX4CF6QT&psc=1&refRID=GXN87PTF1SCKMX4CF6QT

For the past 15 or more years, I have been wearing some I bought at Sam’s Club. I bought some for a friend while visiting the Rocky Boot Headquarters in Ohio last year and wore them once while I had them. Super warm and quiet. He gave me the jacket a couple of weeks ago because it doesn’t fit him right. I had another friend go by Rocky and pick up the bibs for me. Should have them next week. If you can get to Nelsonville, Ohio, visit the store. The bibs are $149.99 online, but you can get them at the store for $59.99.

That's some great info, I didn't know Rocky had a store, I will put it on my list to visit.

If price isn’t an issue, look at the IWOMs as well as the heater body suit. IWOM on my wish list, might have to sell my gall bladder or something.

If you are really interested, call IWOM, they have field worn suits for big discounts. Most were simply the wrong size and sent back. My wife purchased mine this way for over a $100 off.

Back