EXTEND LIFE OF GROUND BLIND? -Has anyone tried....

Shufigo

I want to leave my hub style ground blinds up year round because of the problems I have in re-erecting them each season. I'm thinking of putting them under very heavy poly wrapping (Vis-queen?) to keep rain and small falling branches from rot and damage. Do you know of anyone who has tried this?

I want to leave my hub style ground blinds up year round because of the problems I have in re-erecting them each season. I'm thinking of putting them under very heavy poly wrapping (Vis-queen?) to keep rain and small falling branches from rot and damage. Do you know of anyone who has tried this?
Sunlight is the major demise of hub style blinds in our area. Perhaps tarps?

Yes, certainly the sunlight for fabric rot. My problem is, once one rod slips out of one hub or pocket, it all goes downhill rapidly and I end up with a jigsaw puzzle. The old Double Bulls, before being bought by Primos, were the worst. But even now, I need a system where I can keep the blind erected. I figured Visqueen would slow the fabric degradation (sun and rain) enough that I could keep them up year round. I planned to keep them strapped down against the wind too. I was just wondering, since we have so many users, if anyone else had tried and found a solution to this problem.

My solution was to invest more money in better quality popups that are user friendly to put up and knock down. I have several different kinds of the high dollar ones, often the primos double bull is my go-to, about as easy to set as opening a heavy umbrella. For multiple reasons I'd never consider leaving an expensive popup out all year.

Just speaking for our area if you leave a blind up, a pack rat WILL make it his home. And he WILL destroy it…. No exceptions. Just another consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back