Egyptian wheat....mowing.....planned grazing

Prayers sent. Children are a blessing but I can't even think what a grandchild would feel like. I have a doe that tried to peg me Saturday eve and she needs to feed the family. Our three day ML season opens Saturday and my daughter wants to go so if that doe comes out it may not end well for her.

Probably not favorable for the doe....I've seen what your girl can do with a rifle....Lil Annie Oakley!

Dropped the final bird for the day in a CRP corner full of side oats gramma. Setting sun, hard working dog and one of my favorite NWSG....life is good. By the time you read this the yellow dog will have licked most of the red from his tattered body and be sound asleep. Sun will rise tomorrow and he will be ready to go full bore again. The things they endure for our pleasure is a true miracle! Every once in a while look at the landscape from their eye level!
cbec062428740ab4c3dca21b8b30925d.jpg

efec273896b9aafd2dded312017c6861.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not favorable for the doe....I've seen what your girl can do with a rifle....Lil Annie Oakley!

Daughter came down with an ear ache Saturday morning so the doe got to live a few more days.

Looks like your having some good luck on the birds.

17 spring calves were weaned Saturday.....spent a few minutes tweaking fence to keep them contained....supposed to be gone in a week. That leaves a main herd of 41 cows and 17 fall calves. Fall cows were supposed to be gone this week leaving about 20 dry cows.....instead I find the bull has been put back with the herd....and a phone call comes at noon stating weaned calves will be here till 3 Jan. hate being lied to....something to deal with later....at the hospital now awaiting delivery of first grand pup which should happen by mid-morning tomorrow.

Cows are on last drilled pasture plot and have 3 tame pastures left before going to the native unit for 4-5 weeks. No hay has been fed....supplement twice a week. This is one of the most efficient cows in the herd with her calf.....easy keeping and calm disposition....figure 3/4ths red angus and 1/4th Santagertrutis....nice hybrid vigor in the F2 cross.

Anticipation and excitement. Best of everything for all involved with the process. My first came along 9-9-2004.....a special day.

Don't those black cows bring more money? That is a good looking cow.

Exciting times with the arrival of the little one.

Todd

Black coat ain't so cool when it's 100F, doc! Seeing more people transition to red. Heat tolerance has much to do with skin secretions also.

For the last 43 hours, we've watched this screen for entertainment. Grand pups heartbeat on top, DIL's middle, contractions on bottom. Spent night here on floor. Round 2 of induction started 0700....round 1 ended 1500. Much easier to calve out a heifer....DIL agreed!
IMG_4149.JPG

52 hrs into this and he hasn't moved down far enough on momma's effort. Prepping for assisted delivery....c-section.IMG_4159.JPG

Back