Crossbow Blow UP!

Always good to have your crossbow checked before each season for cracks. I have 2 with cracked limbs I dont use them gonna get them fixed someday I bought a bone collector 370 and within a month had 2 deer down so very happy with it.

Always good to have your crossbow checked before each season for cracks. I have 2 with cracked limbs I dont use them gonna get them fixed someday I bought a bone collector 370 and within a month had 2 deer down so very happy with it.
The BC 370 sounds like a nice crossbow for the money, had good reviews. In crossbows the arrows have as much or more to do with accuracy as the bow.

The BC 370 sounds like a nice crossbow for the money, had good reviews. In crossbows the arrows have as much or more to do with accuracy as the bow.
I used the arrows that came with it along with Rage hypodermic 100grain that combo was lethal for a couple deer. I am definitely happy with it for the money. Don't really see any need for spending a big bunch of money in a crossbow. 40+ yard shot in the pic,

Crossbow/ Compound debate: Well always happens. From reading many,"It got away", posts I have read far more from compound users than Crossbows. Compounders are afraid all the gun hunters will take up crossbows and take out their precious trophies. The compounds today are so full of gadgets they don't even look like bows. Everyone uses a "Trigger" Release now. When I began it was just your fingers. All the gadgets are for one thing,,,,To make using them EASYER. A purist uses a stick and a string. Crossbows go way back in time as a Primitive weapon. Modern Compounds do not. Crossbows still are launch one arrow with a broadhead on the end. Much can go wrong before the arrow hits the deer. They are loud and far from a done deal and far from a Bullet.

Fine for older or disabled even the younger but should you really shoot something with a scope,forearm,stock and trigger during archery season

Archery AND crossbow season. No different than muzzle loader season. Forty years ago, we were all using percussion guns or flintlocks. Now, at the least, inlines are the norm and some states allow the use of straight walled modern smokeless powdered cartridges.

I've been hunting with a Skorpyd Ventilator for about 7 years now. I began because of a rotator cuff surgery. I love it. I have taken 8 deer, 2 hogs and 4 coyotes with it and have had no problems. I have never seen a crossbow blow up so I have no opinion as to why. Some of the manufacturers were chasing 400fps arrow flight at a market price that reeks of poor quality. You pay top dollar for a Skorpyd. I can shoot to almost 100 yards on a calm day from a rest but the longest shot at a deer I've ever had is about 35 yards. It's the hunter, not the equipment. I do agree they are cumbersome to carry around but I can't think of a single person I know that does any kind of stalking during deer season. I also agree, if it's legal and you want to use it, great. If you think it's somehow immoral or childish, then throw that compound in the trash along with carbon arrows, sights, silencers and stabilizers. Then "maybe" I'll listen to what you have to say. Oh, and by the way, I have seen many compounds blow up at full draw.

I've been hunting with a Skorpyd Ventilator for about 7 years now. I began because of a rotator cuff surgery. I love it. I have taken 8 deer, 2 hogs and 4 coyotes with it and have had no problems. I have never seen a crossbow blow up so I have no opinion as to why. Some of the manufacturers were chasing 400fps arrow flight at a market price that reeks of poor quality. You pay top dollar for a Skorpyd. I can shoot to almost 100 yards on a calm day from a rest but the longest shot at a deer I've ever had is about 35 yards. It's the hunter, not the equipment. I do agree they are cumbersome to carry around but I can't think of a single person I know that does any kind of stalking during deer season. I also agree, if it's legal and you want to use it, great. If you think it's somehow immoral or childish, then throw that compound in the trash along with carbon arrows, sights, silencers and stabilizers. Then "maybe" I'll listen to what you have to say. Oh, and by the way, I have seen many compounds blow up at full draw.

Well Said.

Back