Covering grains with a cultimulcher

G3 Ranch

I have a cultimulcher, double drum, double rows of 10 tines, similar to this
c6ef672cd43551066a3936bcb60ef347.jpg

In my disked plots I am thinking about just dropping the tines a couple inches to bury the grain seed and fert instead of disking, it would save a step & I would only have to spread small seed & pack. Would this do a good enough job covering the grain seed and incorporating fert?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I found one of these in NJ for $600 and one in PA for $800. I went and looked at the one in PA and offered the guy $600 and he turned it down.
So I went down to see the one in NJ and it had some issues that were beyond my abilities, by the time I I called the PA guy to say I would take it
at $800 it was gone. Everyone I have seen since are $2k+. They seem to be a great tool for cutting the work load.

Last edited:
A cultimulcher just might be the best plotting tool we could own. Mine is an old, busted-up piece of crap and I still love it. I need to rebuild it.
Sprayer, brush hog, seed spreader, and cultimulcher and you can grow almost anything.
I wouldn't mind having a chisel plow for occasional use, though.

A cultimulcher just might be the best plotting tool we could own. Mine is an old, busted-up piece of crap and I still love it. I need to rebuild it.
Sprayer, brush hog, seed spreader, and cultimulcher and you can grow almost anything.
I wouldn't mind having a chisel plow for occasional use, though.
I just got mine a few weeks ago, used it last weekend for the first time. I haven't used it to bury seed & fert just yet, I have two more plots that I'll try it on in a few days. Seems like a great tool so far.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Man would I love to have one of those,,been looking for on online for a few years. So far the ones that I have found were either too highly priced for me or needed way too much work. I recently went to an auction and found an aerator that I was able to purchase for less than half of a brand new one, one with the metal tabs to cut the dirt not the kind that takes plugs, and thought that it would work fine as a cultipacker. Anyone see why that wouldn't be the case? Thanks for letting me highjack this thread.

Back