Clearing Cedar on Home 10 (30)...

OkieKubota

Staff member
Here is a little video I did over the past couple of days where I cleared a bu ch of cedar and junk trees with dozer and burned them...

Good video Okie ! Burning was always my favorite thing to do with a dozer, except maybe digging ponds. Someone clear cut a piece of land a mile or so from me recently and each time I drive by it I wanted to pile the leftover and burn it !:D

Good video Okie ! Burning was always my favorite thing to do with a dozer, except maybe digging ponds. Someone clear cut a piece of land a mile or so from me recently and each time I drive by it I wanted to pile the leftover and burn it !:D
Thanks! Trying to get that place cleaned up for the cattle...speaking of ponds here is the revamp on the small waterhole up here on the hollow...

You sound like me. It’s very satisfying clearing and burning cedar
I thinks it’s because you can physically see the progress made and the regeneration can happen quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You sound like me. It’s very satisfying clearing and burning cedar
I thinks it’s because you can physically see the progress made and the regeneration can happen quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am excited to see how it all turns out...I did a lot of work in there over the past couple of days and I am pretty sure my dad would have been proud to see how it has turned out so far...can hardly wait to put down grass seed!

Beautiful little water hole that you created. My water holes up top are mostly just ruts and divots on an old trail through clay loam soil on one side of the ridge. Deer trails lead right through them holes.

G

Beautiful little water hole that you created. My water holes up top are mostly just ruts and divots on an old trail through clay loam soil on one side of the ridge. Deer trails lead right through them holes.

G
It’s certainly holding well! Water in ruts and divots works just as well as long as it’s always there...

Back