Chemical choice

dogghr

What’s the best to spray this stuff n one yr old alfalfa/clover/chicory no till. And can I mix w cleth when I spray?
2dfdf48db3c1c311914edd26239321d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clethodim for grass is about the only choice. Raptor and pursuit for broadleaf weeds will damage the chicory but not totally kill it in light dosage.

Clethodim for grass is about the only choice. Raptor and pursuit for broadleaf weeds will damage the chicory but not totally kill it in light dosage.

Yea but how to kill this weed. I’ll sacrifice the chicory if need b

Raptor aka Clearcast aka Beyond, is labeled safe for chicory. That's why a lot of guys choose it over 2,4DB, which is not labeled for chicory.

What’s the best to spray this stuff n one yr old alfalfa/clover/chicory no till. And can I mix w cleth when I spray?
2dfdf48db3c1c311914edd26239321d6.jpg

That looks like lungwort. The only reason I know that is because my wife has a little planted in the rock gardens. It has not spread or become a problem, so we've never considered spraying it. I have no Idea if Raptor, 24,DB, Brassigan or other clover-safe herbicide will kill it. But at least we've identified what it is. You can fine tune your herbicide search.

Raptor aka Clearcast aka Beyond, is labeled safe for chicory. That's why a lot of guys choose it over 2,4DB, which is not labeled for chicory.
Yes, but only up to 4 oz/acre for chicory, where many weeds need the 5-6oz/acre rate, which could harm chicory.

Yes, but only up to 4 oz/acre for chicory, where many weeds need the 5-6oz/acre rate, which could harm chicory.
I know a lot of guys like to mix chicory in their plots, but it sure complicates herbicide choices. I seldom plant it any more.
And if I do have any growing, I'm not afraid to sacrifice it. My hate for CERTAIN weeds (not all weeds) far outweighs my love for chicory.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4 to 6 oz. per acre of Slay/ Pursuit/ Thunder should clean those weeds up and your chicory will probably survive with some burned edges. I use Thunder which I buy for $235 a gallon at Daniels Farm Store 717-656-6982

Back