Barbacoa Boar

Weasel

I was fortunate enough to escape the cold PA winter and take 2 Florida wild boars with my bow. Tried a new recipe and it was fantastic. We made tacos and used leftovers for nachos.

3-4 lb wild boar
Chipotles in Adobo Sauce - Chopped
5 Cloves Garlic - Chopped
1 Tbsp. Ground Cumin
3 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
1/2 Cup Beef Broth
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup (fresh) Lime Juice
3 Bay Leaves
Salt
Pepper

For Serving: (optional)
Flour/Corn Tortillas
Cheese
Sour Cream
Salsa
Guacamole
Spanish Rice
Black Beans

Cut the boar into approximately six to eight large chunks. Season well with salt and pepper on all sides. Heat oil in a large skillet and sear the boar chunks (in batches if necessary) on all sides until browned. Transfer seared meat to slow cooker.

In a medium bowl combine chopped chipotles, garlic, cumin, oregano, cloves, beef broth, vinegar, lime juice, and additional salt and pepper (to taste). Mix well, then pour over boar in the slow cooker and add bay leaves. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, until meat shreds easily.

Remove bay leaves. Remove and shred boar. Return boar to slow cooker to marinate at least 10 more minutes, or until ready to serve. Great on nachos, tacos, and burritos! Enjoy!
IMG_4357.JPG IMG_4358.JPG IMG_4359.JPG IMG_4360.JPG IMG_4368.JPG

Weasel...That looks off the charts! I've developed such a hatred of those invasive critters that I just shoot em and drag em to the woods for the buzzards. Finally took a young sow to the processor for breakfast sage sausage and it is fantastic. Gonna have to try your south of the border concoction.

Back