ATV seed spreader?

I have used a moultrie for many years, only reason i stopped because i have larger one for tractor now.

X3 on the Herd. Cast iron bottom. I'm sorry I didn't get the variable speed. I welded 1/2" bar loop on the bottom so when you set it on the floor it doesn't set on the bottom of the motor. It's a little expensive but you only buy it once and pass it down to your grandchildren.

Last edited:
I bought this one 2 years ago. My review is the first one on the page. So far so good. For tiny seed like clover, I use a hand-held spreader that I can have more control over the opening with, so all the seeds dont slip out. I just walk the areas when using that. But for larger seed over larger areas, such as soybean seeds, this atv spreader has been working very well.
https://www.amazon.com/Field-Tuff-A...ld+Tuff+AS-12V+12-Volt+ATV+Broadcast+Spreader

I have that one still mounted on my ATV. It's no better than the Moultrie, the Cabela's, or any of the others I wasted money on. The cheap linkage/lever is broken, it doesn't have a deflector so it throws seed, or worse, fert all over the ATV. Mine is coming off and going in the trash. I hope yours continues to serve you well, didn't work as well for me.

I have that one still mounted on my ATV. It's no better than the Moultrie, the Cabela's, or any of the others I wasted money on. The cheap linkage/lever is broken, it doesn't have a deflector so it throws seed, or worse, fert all over the ATV. Mine is coming off and going in the trash. I hope yours continues to serve you well, didn't work as well for me.

Mine is very similar also. I got it at TSC. I took a piece of galvanized sheet metal and mounted it to make a deflector. Before I had seed and pelletized lime all over me. It was very simple to install. I had the screw come out for the handle and lost the handle and linkage for the feed on mine. I called the company and they sent a new one for free even though I told them it was my fault not theirs. Good service.

Mine is very similar also. I got it at TSC. I took a piece of galvanized sheet metal and mounted it to make a deflector. Before I had seed and pelletized lime all over me. It was very simple to install. I had the screw come out for the handle and lost the handle and linkage for the feed on mine. I called the company and they sent a new one for free even though I told them it was my fault not theirs. Good service.

Yea. I made a shield too. It's not heavy duty enough for a serious plotter. You may get buy spreading a small plot once a year. No better than any of the others I bought.

I haven't bought mine yet. I'm getting a 92. Should have done it before wasting the $$ on all of the disposable ones.

Which Herd model yall got? I'm trying to decide between the 77 or 92 model?
I have the 77 ATV spreader and I really like this unit. This is perfect for a lightweight, one man quick install, broadcasting seed like clover and rye with the fourwheeler, or spreading a bag or two of fertilizer on a small outback plot in the woods that's not as accessible with the tractor. If you cover a lot of acres and need a bigger three point one for your tractor like the 92 model, IMO you'll get a larger better unit for cheaper $ getting a bigger threepoint spinner spreader like the Nord-agri that I have. PTO driven instead of electric for serious fertilizer application, 500# capacity vs. 192#, one man can still carry it around alone to mount it. A good quality unit for under $500 at Kutz Farm equipment in Pine Grove PA.
untitled2.png

Man, I'd get that Herd 77 but it just seems a little small. I've been looking for something a step up in quality from what we have. We've been using the 100# capacity Moultrie for several years. It's ok, but we've gone through a couple.

Back