Are y’all ready…..

Drycreek

…..for this little winter breeze we’re in for ? I know you guys from OK and farther North experience some cold weather each year, but single digits or even teens are not in our vocabulary here. We survived “snowmageddon” last year so I guess we’ll make it through this also. My front porch is full of firewood, I have a circulating fireplace, and a whole home genny. Plenty of groceries and a couple fuzzy dogs if my feet get cold.

You guys need to migrate north where it's warmer. SE Pennsylvania is going up to 45 tomorrow.
8dd52d77a37b3df2d6838388a4d0bb68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8 am till 4 pm tomorrow...will be negatives overnight...ready as we are gonna get I guess. Been working on the chicken coop and got the cattle all fed up. Just have to drive the 30 miles down to where the cattle are to bust ice on the ponds the next 3 days...twice a day...

496b39d25ef4324ca18e68f442c2d201.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

…..for this little winter breeze we’re in for ? I know you guys from OK and farther North experience some cold weather each year, but single digits or even teens are not in our vocabulary here. We survived “snowmageddon” last year so I guess we’ll make it through this also. My front porch is full of firewood, I have a circulating fireplace, and a whole home genny. Plenty of groceries and a couple fuzzy dogs if my feet get cold.
I mostly hope the chemical plants in Port Arthur are ready for this freeze, the last time when the power went off and DOW and BASF froze we had difficulty getting polyurethane, epoxy and polystyrene for a while.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Historically, where I live:
We will hit -18 or colder 3% of the years.
We will hit -12 or colder 10% of the years.
We will hit -8 or colder 20% of the years.
We will hit +1 or colder 50% of the years.
We will hit +13 or colder 99% of the years.

Freezing rain this morning. 4 deg in morning then Low -10 Fri night. Half foot snow so not bad. 50+ winds. Cars are gased as is generators. Warm up end of next wk. so goes winter. Used to run snowmobiles but winters don’t keep snow on ground any more. Ski this wkend and golf next wkend. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

see normally i complain up here when temp gets above 30 degree mark, usually that is my signal for t shirt weather begging for winter to come back hahaha

Duck season opens in WV tomorrow. Unfortunately with about 2 inches of rain and a little ice river will be rolling. Then with the temps around 0 and falling all day tomorrow that will lock everything up. The 10 ducks we had in WV will all be headed south!

Historically, where I live:
We will hit -18 or colder 3% of the years.
We will hit -12 or colder 10% of the years.
We will hit -8 or colder 20% of the years.
We will hit +1 or colder 50% of the years.
We will hit +13 or colder 99% of the years.
That's an interesting chart. I'm not sure exactly how that compares to SE PA, but in 50 years I only recall -10 as the coldest extreme, and that is probably in our 3% range, I'd say your winters are perhaps a little bit colder than ours. We probably see 10 degrees 50% of the time. But my relatives in KY tell me that they don't get as much snow, a lot of slush and freezing rain. We probably get a major snowfall of more than a foot 50% of winters.

That's an interesting chart. I'm not sure exactly how that compares to SE PA, but in 50 years I only recall -10 as the coldest extreme, and that is probably in our 3% range, I'd say your winters are perhaps a little bit colder than ours. We probably see 10 degrees 50% of the time. But my relatives in KY tell me that they don't get as much snow, a lot of slush and freezing rain. We probably get a major snowfall of more than a foot 50% of winters.

Yes, I think your observations are right on the money.

The coldest temp ever recorded in our state was in Shelbyville in 1994. This was -37 degrees Fahrenheit. I don't recall exactly what we were in my town at that time, but I do know it was slightly warmer.

Here is some more weather trivia for you: At -40 degrees, Celsius and Fahrenheit are equal to each other.

It got to 11* F here last night, but so far, so good. At 10:00 it’s only 17* F so it’s not warming up much, supposed to get 25* F today. I have to split a little more kindling today, not really looking forward to that. ;)

Currently in St. Joseph, MI, right on Lake Michigan. 4 degrees, snowing, 40 mph winds. This may be my first actual blizzard.

Been 2 deg and snowing since 7am.
I once shot one of my best rifle bucks on last day of season 0 deg , 30 mph winds, foot of snow. Running shot thinking I missed as he disappeared from scope dropping on the spot. Was Hunting w my now deceased best friend busting the thick stuff. Great time.
Canadian hunt shot my running buck -25 deg while sitting in a pop up blind w no heat.
Best bad weather bow was temps in teens w foot of snow shot small buck w my recurve while sitting on a log years ago. . Had a 4 mile drag alone down the mountain as dad had left early that day. Memories.
Today I stay inside warm and toasty. Rambling mountain man not young no more. Old man stories on a frigid day.
Now time for you guys old/new stories.

Don’t have a deer hunt that I recall as being very cold. Coldest hunt of my life was a duck hunt last year. Sitting on the river we watched it freeze in front of us. Birds were rolling in though and got my first mallard band with my dad. Temps were around 0 with a wind chill of, very cold.

Attachments

• 859B9641-B78C-4F8F-ACB5-6B479DA9D00E.jpeg
    859B9641-B78C-4F8F-ACB5-6B479DA9D00E.jpeg
    925.8 KB · Views: 0
Don’t have a deer hunt that I recall as being very cold. Coldest hunt of my life was a duck hunt last year. Sitting on the river we watched it freeze in front of us. Birds were rolling in though and got my first mallard band with my dad. Temps were around 0 with a wind chill of, very cold.

Yeah, at some point the actual temp is irrelevant. It is just cold….

Back