Any tee-jet nozzle gurus? Chart question

Turkish

I’ve never had a hard time figuring up rates, speeds, etc for my boomless nozzle. I can easily reproduce vendor figures. I have some issues with the tee-jet nozzle catalog, though, that I’m referencing for a tow-behind boom sprayer I’ll be using for my yard.

First, is there significance to the 20” spacing that it shows at the top of the gallon per acre columns (first photo)? Does this assume any overlap?

Also, can someone interpret the optimum spray height table? Is it also assuming a 20-inch spacing? See second photo.

Of course, I’ll tune and calibrate when I have it put together, but I’m wanting to buy the right stuff the first time. One thing is my boom is only 16” above ground, so I’m expecting to need something other than the standard 80-degree nozzles.

Tia

Attachments

• 1BA3F391-3837-4DF8-85DA-DA071E9005E4.jpeg
    1BA3F391-3837-4DF8-85DA-DA071E9005E4.jpeg
    295.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 79E44D79-D79D-4FB1-92EC-FE027BEA59A3.jpeg
    79E44D79-D79D-4FB1-92EC-FE027BEA59A3.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I’ve never had a hard time figuring up rates, speeds, etc for my boomless nozzle. I can easily reproduce vendor figures. I have some issues with the tee-jet nozzle catalog, though, that I’m referencing for a tow-behind boom sprayer I’ll be using for my yard.

First, is there significance to the 20” spacing that it shows at the top of the gallon per acre columns (first photo)? Does this assume any overlap?

Also, can someone interpret the optimum spray height table? Is it also assuming a 20-inch spacing? See second photo.

Of course, I’ll tune and calibrate when I have it put together, but I’m wanting to buy the right stuff the first time. One thing is my boom is only 16” above ground, so I’m expecting to need something other than the standard 80-degree nozzles.

Tia
the 110 degree nozzles optimum spray height is 20"

I don't think those tables have anything to do with boomless. Unless they have something new on there.

One thing is my boom is only 16” above ground, so I’m expecting to need something other than the standard 80-degree nozzles.
You need to be able to adjust your boom height for what you are spraying. 110 degree nozzles are designed for 20" spacing at a 20" height above plants being sprayed. If you are spraying 6" weeds, your boom is at 26" height with 110 degree nozzles.

Back