Any idea what this is?

Probably simple, just never seen it around my place before. Have my guesses but wanted others input.

9292b250c6031120e9794a0d0c9d696d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to say for certain from that picture - especially since its blurry and I can't see the leaf edges or really much else that would help.

But, a guess would be a juvenile Chokecherry. Most have some extremely fine teeth on the leaf edge, but I have seen some almost smooth as well. In fact, there is one in the fence row of my yard that has smooth edges. To complicate matters, the multiple species can hybridize and create an essentially new Chokecherry.

I'll try to get a better picture in a few days. I didn't see any teeth, but will try to get a close up.

What about glossy buckthorn? The leaves are very glossy (kinda like black cherry) and deep veined. If so, looks to be invasive:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought of that too. You can easily tell the difference between Glossy Buckthorn and Chokecherry by the lenticel marks on the bark of a more mature bush. Yours may or may not be mature enough to tell.

Glossy Buckthorn lenticels are almost round. Chokecherry lenticels are lines, which are parallel to the ground. I also believe that the inside bark of buckthorn has an orange shade and chokecherry is just a dull brown.

Back