Albino genes maybe???

Bloodtrailer

Butcher/taxidermist says it is a strawberry deer, but I can't find anything on the internet that refers to that as a color pattern for a deer. Pink around the eyes, nose is a fleshy pink, hair is kinda like blonde, and has red in the corner of his eyes. Anyone know whT this would be called, or seen it before?

Butcher/taxidermist says it is a strawberry deer, but I can't find anything on the internet that refers to that as a color pattern for a deer. Pink around the eyes, nose is a fleshy pink, hair is kinda like blonde, and has red in the corner of his eyes. Anyone know whT this would be called, or seen it before?
Got a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
got it now, I think

Attachments

• BA10BD8F-0A56-4689-AB16-D09D3D13E5CE.jpeg
    BA10BD8F-0A56-4689-AB16-D09D3D13E5CE.jpeg
    806.5 KB · Views: 0
  • FB2D8A95-7C8C-494E-B619-C7037CFA1B89.jpeg
    FB2D8A95-7C8C-494E-B619-C7037CFA1B89.jpeg
    586.5 KB · Views: 0
It like it has some piebald genes. I’ve never heard strawberry deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, never heard of a strawberry deer. Maybe a unique genetic variation in your area. Was the deer shot in Maryland? Looks like piebald features with a uniform color variation.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Interesting, never heard of a strawberry deer. Maybe a unique genetic variation in your area. Was the deer shot in Maryland? Looks like piebald features with a uniform color variation.

Yes, the deer was shot in Maryland.

It is basically a watered down version of albinism.

leucism

: an abnormal condition of reduced pigmentation affecting various animals (such as birds, mammals, and reptiles) that is marked by overall pale color or patches of reduced coloring and is caused by a genetic mutation which inhibits melanin and other pigments from being deposited in feathers, hair, or skin

leucism

: an abnormal condition of reduced pigmentation affecting various animals (such as birds, mammals, and reptiles) that is marked by overall pale color or patches of reduced coloring and is caused by a genetic mutation which inhibits melanin and other pigments from being deposited in feathers, hair, or skin

Interesting, thank you.

Back