111 acres in South Central KY "The Ridge"

Congrats OP! Very nice looking piece of ground. You must have had a smile from ear to ear after pulling the card from the trail cams.
Look forward to seeing your progress.

Long work day yesterday! Got a lot accomplished. Mowed my 3 clover plots. Mowed the entrance. Had my nephew cleaning off the pond damn with a hand saw (it'll make a man out of him), set up a banks blind and dropped another off after dark in a killer little hidey hole plot I'll tell you guys about later on.FullSizeRender 2.jpg IMG_3605.JPG IMG_3603.JPG IMG_3599.JPG IMG_3595.JPG

Congrats on the farm purchase! Looks like you've got some good genetics in those bucks too.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

first fawn pic! Good looking little fella. He was in and out of the food plot all day. Headed up tomorrow afternoon to mow. Hoping to have time this weekend to post some more details on my progress so far. View attachment 7388

After a good spraying and a mowing the frost seeded clover has filled in nicely after a little over a month. Not totally weed free, I've still got a small problem with sedges and serecea. pretty happy otherwise. click on view attachment in the quote above for a quick peek of this plot a month ago.IMG_4034.JPG

Some health issues have slowed me down this summer but still managed to get quite a bit done. Finished up my big 4 acre destination plot, got the rest of the banks blinds in place, cut some access trails to stand sites and fired up the chainsaw and did some blocking. Still gotta hang some stands and put up some a little fencing at my entrances. Looking forward to November!!! This buck is a returnee from last year. He didn't put on much antler at all and I'm thinking he's 4 or 5 yo
zCDfM4r

zCDfM4r

zCDfM4r.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great place with a real good foundation from a deer perspective. You are well on your way to making it even better..... You got some dandy bucks and sometimes a "neglected" property helps hold those deer, and with a little "polish" can turn into a real gem. Looking forward to following along.

Long work day yesterday! Got a lot accomplished. Mowed my 3 clover plots. Mowed the entrance. Had my nephew cleaning off the pond damn with a hand saw (it'll make a man out of him), set up a banks blind and dropped another off after dark in a killer little hidey hole plot I'll tell you guys about later on.View attachment 7392 View attachment 7393 View attachment 7394 View attachment 7395 View attachment 7396

How do you like that ladder for entrance and exiting that stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back