Winter hobbies?

I'm from Arkansas so I can be out all year long but inside stuff has to be done also like pouring crappie grubs, pouring lead heads, canning meat/fish, wine making on occasion, euro mounts from earlier in the year. That's my go to stuff in Jan/February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call coyotes, trap, go to alot of basketball games ( my youngest is a Sr in highschool this year which is sad, but I have a good bunch of nieces and nephews that will be playing ball for a few years yet), cut invasive Locust trees when its warm enough and plan for the things to come in the spring.

What are some hobbies that you have to keep you entertained through the Winter? Once there’s 2 feet of snow on the ground the habitat projects get put on hold.
Chip...This far south it's all about habitat improvement in the winter months. Mild winter temps make for great habitat work. I'd ask right the opposite from where I sit...What are some hobbies that keep your entertained during mid and late summer? That's the time of year down here when it's just too miserably hot and humid outside to want to do any habitat work other than crack the top on a cold spew.

Chip...This far south it's all about habitat improvement in the winter months. Mild winter temps make for great habitat work. I'd ask right the opposite from where I sit...What are some hobbies that keep your entertained during mid and late summer? That's the time of year down here when it's just too miserably hot and humid outside to want to do any habitat work other than crack the top on a cold spew.

That’s the best time! The mosquitoes and ticks disappear for the most part so I do a lot of river fishing during that time. That’s also the time I start setting cameras and plant brassicas. IMG_0351.JPG
IMG_3806.JPGIMG_4012.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Ducks, geese and hogs

Got a Texas flooded timber duck hunt and hogs with bow lined up. Then it’s Arkansas flooded timber ducks and hogs with dogs followed by a Stuttgart speckled belly goose hunt

-13F at the farm today, dreams are south

Ski. TSI at the Farm. Head to south Fl to visit buddy and golf. Should leave today w snow and zero deg if I had any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Run the chainsaw, predator call, rabbit hunt, and complain that it is cold (right before I complain it is too hot, MO weather is a little fickle). Main goal for the next week is to rest up 7 Christmas's in 5 days is enough to wear a guy out!

Pheasant/quail hunt. Walk the property. TSI. Run cameras to see what makes it. Hike around. Unsuccessfully shed hunt. Take stands down. Sit by fire. Watch my fighting Illini play.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Back