"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

Brushhogging season is upon us and I have been pretty busy with my commercial brushhogging business I do other than my other full time gig but I did get an opportunity to get across the road yesterday evening late. Plots and expansions doing great!

6f8f95c63a05f64a833ffd4df677b487.jpg

3075cd29194b1fb816fe1ad825558926.jpg

5eddb16ebbca97e5c0077aeef060326b.jpg

549f5639dd411911dcbde23b626f1bf2.jpg

dcf2e2fd9949d6e46fb95be68bc19994.jpg

Deer bed in center of WR in the clover base...

b07a8c52556830e9e91b277512710f7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent about an hour an half bush hogging the fields in front of our cabin yesterday. Rye was 4ft plus tall. Gonna leave it in the other fields until the fawns are up and running with their mommas. While I was cutting yesterday I kept hoping I didn't mutilate a fawn and fortunately I didn't. They should be dropping daily right now in our area.

Fantastic on the apples and pears! Looking good. Be careful on that tractor!
Been real careful this year...had to drive to Shawnee for a meeting today and as soon as I got back I was on the tractor...big job that takes several days to finish and is the one that always pays for my deer lease every year. Folks want it mowed at least twice a summer and I may do it 3 times this summer...between mowing yards at both houses and brushhogging jobs I don't have much spare time..

What are you going to do with that rye when it's done?
It is fawning and turkey nesting cover now and later some will be used for throw and mow and the rest is cover crop over clover so it will be mowed. Backyard rye/clover plot is for soil building over rocks...

Anniversary evening found me back on the tractor trying to get closer to finishing a big Brushhog job...normally this place takes me 15/16 hours total to do but over the winter they had a dozer in here for 2 weeks straight opening the woods up some so most of my time is spent brushhogging the opened woods around trees and lots of rock. I am 16 hours into the job now and it looks like I have about another 10 hours or so to go with the increased open acreage...

These photos are from some of the more open fields I have always brushogged up toward the house...the house has 4 fireplaces for scale...

d2dfa9ef72e3cfa8fa6cc085320fc5df.jpg

894b53eb38b730f709ff281ddcf8a649.jpg

Today is my brides birthday so I think tonight we will go to eat at one of her favorite places and I will only work my normal 8 hour job...

Happy birthday Mrs. Kubota!

Last edited:
Anniversary evening found me back on the tractor trying to get closer to finishing a big Brushhog job...normally this place takes me 15/16 hours total to do but over the winter they had a dozer in here for 2 weeks straight opening the woods up some so most of my time is spent brushhogging the opened woods around trees and lots of rock. I am 16 hours into the job now and it looks like I have about another 10 hours or so to go with the increased open acreage...

These photos are from some of the more open fields I have always brushogged up toward the house...the house has 4 fireplaces for scale...

d2dfa9ef72e3cfa8fa6cc085320fc5df.jpg

894b53eb38b730f709ff281ddcf8a649.jpg

Today is my brides birthday so I think tonight we will go to eat at one of her favorite places and I will only work my normal 8 hour job...

Happy birthday Mrs. Kubota!

Thank you!

Too many more of those jobs and it is time to look at a bigger brush hog!

I am not going to get back up to my place until mid June. Haven't mowed any yet this year, could be a mess with all the rain. Hopefully the brother in law will let me borrow his 15 footer. Your place is looking good, probably about caught up on rain as well.

Too many more of those jobs and it is time to look at a bigger brush hog!

I am not going to get back up to my place until mid June. Haven't mowed any yet this year, could be a mess with all the rain. Hopefully the brother in law will let me borrow his 15 footer. Your place is looking good, probably about caught up on rain as well.
There are guys out there with bigger brushhogs that work well in the wide open flatter areas but it seems what I mostly am hired for is brushhogging mixed woods and small fields and grown up yards with the occasional business lot. I make good money with a 2 hour minimum in our area and sometimes hit 5-6 small jobs a day with a few large scale jobs like the one I am on. If my Brushhog was even 2 feet wider I would not be able to Brushhog about 30% of what the people in the pictures place want done due to having to pass between the trees. Have never brushhogged a property with cattle which is what our big wide open flat areas have and is the only place I could see needing larger equipment.

Other thing of note is when commercially doing this you want to be able to easily haul the equipment and you want breakdowns and flats at an absolute minimum. 3830 Grand L Kubota tractor is dead nuts reliable with plenty of power and an FEL to feel along for stumps and stuff and to push logs and brush out of the way, Rhyno 6" hog with clutch is HD enough to take a beating, R4 Industrial tires are much tougher than AG tires and only flats I have ever had have been on front even brushhogging fields of black locust and prickly pear and they do not tear up the yards.

I haul everything on a 18' car hauler pulled by my 3/4 ton Ram. Easy, compact enough to maneuver equipment and transport...perfect combo for what I do...

Next tractor will have a bit more HP/weight and perhaps a Backhoe because I get lots of calls about removing a stump or fixing/putting in tin horns...

We are good on rain for now but I know we are always only a couple windy hot weeks from a drought again...kind of like eating as much as you can in a sitting and then nothing for a couple days...

983e10acbdd1a4df1eb4c3db4ef543ec.jpg

75c7343b662d5bc81febccca2b5b01f8.jpg

c4191cc8d9faeac844d557e7f4a2e923.jpg

70b8056ac8e20b34de663fac9ba6ed86.jpg

Last edited:
There are guys out there with bigger brushhogs that work well in the wide open flatter areas but it seems what I mostly am hired for is brushhogging mixed woods and small fields and grown up yards with the occasional business lot. I make good money with a 2 hour minimum in our area and sometimes hit 5-6 small jobs a day with a few large scale jobs like the one I am on. If my Brushhog was even 2 feet wider I would not be able to Brushhog about 30% of what the people in the pictures place want done due to having to pass between the trees. Have never brushhogged a property with cattle which is what our big wide open flat areas have and is the only place I could see needing larger equipment.

Other thing of note is when commercially doing this you want to be able to easily haul the equipment and you want breakdowns and flats at an absolute minimum. 3830 Grand L Kubota tractor is dead nuts reliable with plenty of power and an FEL to feel along for stumps and stuff and to push logs and brush out of the way, Rhyno 6" hog with clutch is HD enough to take a beating, R4 Industrial tires are much tougher than AG tires and only flats I have ever had have been on front even brushhogging fields of black locust and prickly pear and they do not tear up the yards.

I haul everything on a 18' car hauler pulled by my 3/4 ton Ram. Easy, compact enough to maneuver equipment and transport...perfect combo for what I do...

Next tractor will have a bit more HP/weight and perhaps a Backhoe because I get lots of calls about removing a stump or fixing/putting in tin horns...

We are good on rain for now but I know we are always only a couple windy hot weeks from a drought again...kind of like eating as much as you can in a sitting and then nothing for a couple days...

983e10acbdd1a4df1eb4c3db4ef543ec.jpg

75c7343b662d5bc81febccca2b5b01f8.jpg

c4191cc8d9faeac844d557e7f4a2e923.jpg

70b8056ac8e20b34de663fac9ba6ed86.jpg
A backhoe would make an excellent Anniversary/birthday present!

Back