"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

It happens. We went out on our gun opener a few years back, had breakfast, got ready to head out and Chuck realized he had everything, but his gun. I let him borrow mine and watched lol. Better luck next hunt.

Last edited:
Sounds like some of my first hunts! I didn't go this morning, school function I had to be at. I don't hit it too hard early in the season. I like to get fired up about the middle of Oct. I'll hunt a little now but hit it hard soon! Oh, I noticed your wife didn't forget her arrows! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up seeing nothing from stand but I was being very conservative on my choice. I ended up getting down about 9:30 and walking the rest of the fence out but luckily the only break was in the one spot and I had to patch it up good enough to keep cattle out so I went and got some wire and pliers...

7562d2c759c723771cd44aaa48d913d7.jpg

34f7f9698d9b8b3f472afe9ee36a77b5.jpg

I was driving all over our place and patching fence so I pulled cards on the way out about 12:45 and there were bucks on most every camera up till about 12:30 on the latest ones... Lots of deer on the hollow this morning...

Mrs Kubota had a great hunt on our deer lease and we are both going to give it a go in the morning. Right now this is my view though...

e87905c8ccbbb32f334780c972342a95.jpg

Are you seeing deer before sunset? Maybe I should be hunting mornings?

If you are hunting a food source like acorns then I have always had better luck in the mornings. Open area food plots and ag fields tend to be better at night but tucked back in the woods plots like we have can be good anytime of day.

Right this second I am sitting in a huge forested area high on a mountain. Red oak acorns and chinquapin acorns are falling all around. I have already had an 8 point buck come through...

That's a pretty view Johnny! Hope you had a good time on the drive tonight.

todd

I had a great time but I cut the cruise short so I could get a good morning hunt in here on our deer lease. South wind is perfect for this setup...

First doe just left and I can see another one through the woods...

Thanks for the info Okie, I'll be hunting this evening and tomorrow morning. If I get a doe in range, Elkie will have her first good track and there will be meat in the freezer.

Chance of rain on Wednesday and Thursday is back up to 60% after dropping to 20% last night.

Hope you are shooting as we "speak"!

Good luck!
They were about 65 yards through the woods and I am bowhunting so no shots were offered. With a gun of some sorts it would have been easy...speaking of guns 1 went off just west of me at 9:15... 1 shot and now I hear a 4 wheeler coming down that mountain to retrieve their booty:(

Oklahoma archery season is a test of my patience with my fellow man:(

Thanks for the info Okie, I'll be hunting this evening and tomorrow morning. If I get a doe in range, Elkie will have her first good track and there will be meat in the freezer.

Chance of rain on Wednesday and Thursday is back up to 60% after dropping to 20% last night.
You're welcome. Good luck!

I hear single shots almost every evening during bow season. My neighbors tells me there aren't any poachers, it's just that people shoot deer every time they have a chance. :confused:

Those pics made me think the deer was near. Good luck on those big bucks!

I hear single shots almost every evening during bow season. My neighbors tells me there aren't any poachers, it's just that people shoot deer every time they have a chance. :confused:

Those pics made me think the deer was near. Good luck on those big bucks!
The deer I posted pics of was near...20 yards...

The bucks I saw and posted about were too far and through the trees for photos with a cell phone. The doe would have been a gimme...

Back