"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

Damn armadillos do the same thing to my plots! I moved my trail cam for a couple of weeks this summer to try to get a pattern (so that I could hunt it). Turns out that I'm not much for hunting between 11pm and 3am... Going to have to set a box trap.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've had armadillo damage but never to that extent. I've had hog damage look like that though. You Must have some monster armadillos

Damn armadillos do the same thing to my plots! I moved my trail cam for a couple of weeks this summer to try to get a pattern (so that I could hunt it). Turns out that I'm not much for hunting between 11pm and 3am... Going to have to set a box trap.

That's the same pattern our armadillos are on...must all set their alarms the same ;)

I've had armadillo damage but never to that extent. I've had hog damage look like that though. You Must have some monster armadillos

If I was just looking at the damage I would think hogs too but cameras show armadillos...I actually though hogs for a little bit until I viewed the trail cam cards...

Well a week and a day and Oklahoma's Archery Deer Season begins. I expect lots of folks will be out hunting the opener because it is on a Saturday this year. My grandson and I put a stand up in the backyard to practice out of and my wife is really getting excited about season so when she got home just before dark she made a dash to change clothes, grab her bow and get up in the stand to practice. It was very dusky dark just like it usually is when you would see a deer and she shot her Bowtech very well I thought. I haven't shot my bow as much as I would like to because every day is a marathon for me :(

I loaded the tractor up to do the final brushhog job I have for the year that just happens to be between where we live and the deer lease so will be up early headed that way to brushhog all of our lease roads and fix a couple of washouts. I also have a couple feeders to get up and running and several stands to get shooting lanes trimmed up on and our grandson Eli is coming along to shoot his rifle in anticipation of our youth rifle season that begins the 14th of October so it is going to be a busy day again in the 90 degree heat (Isn't it fall?). I will catch the brushhog job on the way back home.

Hopefully we will see some rain on Sunday - they aren't giving us much chance of any significant amounts but maybe up to an inch and then we go back into another dry time for another week but it should be cooler than the mid 90's we have been living with...

Hard to believe season is already upon us...

I hope you get some of this rain. We're flooding out west. I don't even want to tell you how much I got. Craziest weather I've ever seen out here! I've got my fingers crossed for you.

I hope you get some of this rain. We're flooding out west. I don't even want to tell you how much I got. Craziest weather I've ever seen out here! I've got my fingers crossed for you.

I don't think the floods will hit out east but hope you get some good rain. I am hoping for a flood. My duck ponds need some filling up!

Still absolutely no rain whatsoever in our area of the state. I don't even like going to Home 10 anymore because I am not worried about trees having small mast. I am now worried about losing all of them...ones planted and ones that have been here for 100 years :(

I guess I decided to do a test run on our life insurance policy yesterday while brushhogging roads at our deer lease...

I was moving right along and every once in awhile I would notice a dead tree hanging out over the road so I would nudge them a little with my FEL and push them over...

I came upon 2 big elms right next to each other that were dead so I nudge 1 and it fell perfectly so I put my bucket up as high as I could and start d to gently nudge the other when I noticed the tree jerk violently and I knew immediately what was happening so I got ready for the impact as best as I could :(

0e15e9dca677fe44d4b7cc7731bf0552.jpg

0bb718faa55deb6c652d3ee7c47c8266.jpg

a25745049d4dc07bbd64c2b53cae8f41.jpg

5e75adb889ff643c133fbec6e05f0cff.jpg

410cb202cfc87d0a17c5191da49593e8.jpg

The top 1/2 of the dead elm broke and fell taking a big live mulberry top with it and all of it fell on the tractor...the only thing that saved me was that roof because had I not had that the big log would have crushed me down like it did the roof...

I was stranded at that point and had to walk 3 miles to my truck in anarea with no cell service. Luckily I had a chainsaw in my truck or I would have been unable to retrieve my tractor...

Be careful out there with your equipment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang! That was a close one!!!
Glad you are ok, trees are dangerous. I had a friend who died from a limb while trimming in the backyard.

I guess I decided to do a test run on our life insurance policy yesterday while brushhogging roads at our deer lease...

I was moving right along and every once in awhile I would notice a dead tree hanging out over the road so I would nudge them a little with my FEL and push them over...

I came upon 2 big elms right next to each other that were dead so I nudge 1 and it fell perfectly so I put my bucket up as high as I could and start d to gently nudge the other when I noticed the tree jerk violently and I knew immediately what was happening so I got ready for the impact as best as I could :(

0e15e9dca677fe44d4b7cc7731bf0552.jpg

0bb718faa55deb6c652d3ee7c47c8266.jpg

a25745049d4dc07bbd64c2b53cae8f41.jpg

5e75adb889ff643c133fbec6e05f0cff.jpg

410cb202cfc87d0a17c5191da49593e8.jpg

The top 1/2 of the dead elm broke and fell taking a big live mulberry top with it and all of it fell on the tractor...the only thing that saved me was that roof because had I not had that the big log would have crushed me down like it did the roof...

I was stranded at that point and had to walk 3 miles to my truck in anarea with no cell service. Luckily I had a chainsaw in my truck or I would have been unable to retrieve my tractor...

Be careful out there with your equipment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Praise God that you were protected!

Good grief man that was a close one, glad you're okay!

Real bummer about the rain, looks like those of us to the east are going to miss this system.

Man, glad you are ok. And I might be looking for a roof for my little tractor. Either that or leave those trees alone. Seems they always want to bounce back. Be careful, Johnny.....and I will too.

Scary stuff right there Johnny. Thank God you had the roof! I swear the older I get the more fear I have of tractors. I never wore my seatbelt until I almost tipped over last year spreading manure. Now it's the 1st thing I do when I get on the tractor. Falling trees...whole different set of fears.

Dang Okie, glad you ok. I got about half sick looking at that pic. I don't do half the stuff with tractor used to thanks to some of the stuff you guys have shown over the years. Trees do some wierd things. I have a few good logging friends and the stories of what they have seen even a good tree do over the years is real scary. Thanks for showing...I think.

Back