"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

Plots are looking good, Okie! I think you persistence with pallets of Tractor Supply lime is showing.

I have certainly put a bunch of it down...I am really impressed with this solid woods rocky soil I have been working with...hard on equipment but grows a good plot...if it ever rains. Speaking of rain we haven't had a drop in weeks...

Congrats to Mrs Kubota n you on a great season! Plots look great. Always enjoy catching up on happenings at Whitetail Hollow!

Thank you 3C. We had a dream season but I called it well in advance...every 5 years...next one I am gonna call to be like this one is 2022. We have some good years in between and kill some great deer but consistently the 5 year deal is dead on. Plots have had a long growing season due to the mild temps but lack of rain has kept them from being all they could be. We are under fire warnings due to how dry the vegetation and air is...

Merry Christmas from the Kubota's to all of our DHF family. May blessings be upon all of you and your family's this year and many years to come...

be958f050fddcf847248e29586b1e8f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still some great deer Okie. Buck is looking rough but I had one last year that didn't think could make it and watched him last night chase another buck across the field. Tough dudes. Wish people would learn to shoot. Everyone screws up but I see way too much crap from one of my neighbors. Between them and the logging trucks I don't have to worry much with natural predators for population control. Are you feeding corn out of feeder or protein mix? Have a new year friend, hope. you are feeling better.

Still some great deer Okie. Buck is looking rough but I had one last year that didn't think could make it and watched him last night chase another buck across the field. Tough dudes. Wish people would learn to shoot. Everyone screws up but I see way too much crap from one of my neighbors. Between them and the logging trucks I don't have to worry much with natural predators for population control. Are you feeding corn out of feeder or protein mix? Have a new year friend, hope. you are feeling better.

I am feeding corn and rice bran pellets. Rarely get a pic of a deer actually eating out of the feeder. I usually just shake some out when I am passing by. The only deer consistently hitting it is that wounded buck...he should shed off anytime with that injury...hope he makes it like yours did...

Feeling quite a bit better now...new job is taking a bunch of my time but I like it. Today is last day of rifle antlerless season and can hardly wait till that's over. Archery runs until the 15th of January so my improvements won't begin until after all of that is over with because I want calm deer using our place until seasons are all over with to keep them from running into neighbors...temps are in the teens right now with single digits at night...

Happy New Year!

I continuously have to shake my head at what folks will do...

Yesterday evening the wife and I came in from a run to town and I saw this truck along with one of the neighbors that live on the 10 acre camps along our eastern border sitting up the road in one of the few places that gets cell service...

Wife and I drove out this morning to go to church and saw this...truck is right where it was yesterday evening but someone drove it off the road and attempted to get it to go all the way down into the hollow but the trees and berm stopped it...

fd0e25bfbb2c43f7856660c811e86e7f.jpg

c72e061340984abd8cf97bb7e1bd2efd.jpg

c92e2bf54e346eaac08d87d5509189ec.jpg

4751d104b02216a66808121a6f09d45e.jpg

Tag is gone and spray painted hater messages on it...called sheriff but not sure they were interested...

Nice survivors. I have a gravity style feeder with only one spout and while I have a few pictures of them eating out of it, they mostly use what I put on the ground. Everyone is sick and it's cold so no outdoor activities this weekend....

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well I knew it was just a matter of time before we had more than just a lone boar hog using our place...

This is the feeder in our backyard which is 40 yards from our house...wish I had been watching better out the window on Christmas...grandsons were running in and out and may have been what put this guy on alert...

ee56ab10f4ff0a827c3437126dff037a.jpg

And last night at the same feeder...

57aac5f1a562cdaed644505de22a2236.jpg

227c10ed68a29abb168504ced530dc15.jpg

Backyard buck past 2 nights...had pics of him in early fall but thought he might not have made it but he has...

7442cd4d61b067a44a0c98cd6b2c2afb.jpg

d95ae2342b2810181d72f2dcf2c523f6.jpg

I walked our east fence out today checking for trees down on it and I jumped this buck. He was bedded about 200 yards from this feeder. He is the wounded buck I still am not sure will make it but he certainly had a good snort and seemed to move ok at a fast trot...looked like a huge rack going through the trees...saw 3 does coming through the woods in another spot and jumped a single in another spot...

7a61c3195aad6342b7209d1c504a062e.jpg

Big yote...

ab3935a5330d14e4e5c49713467f5053.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Place is looking great as usual and you have some awesome deer running around. Sorry you have idiot neighbors and the hog increase is a real bummer!

Hogs haven't found the radishes yet? I would think they would be all over those like a pig in ..............

Place is looking great as usual and you have some awesome deer running around. Sorry you have idiot neighbors and the hog increase is a real bummer!

I am happy about the survivors...with all the acorns we had this year it allowed some really good ones make it through. Idiot neighbors can and do happen everywhere...if you don't already have them it may just be a matter of time...the hogs are definitely a big concern...I knew it was just a matter of time...thanks!

Hogs haven't found the radishes yet? I would think they would be all over those like a pig in ..............
Shhhhhhh, don't say it too loud or even think it! Lol

Speaking of survivors...I made it down to our deer lease Saturday to take down my cameras and pull feeders which were out of corn anyway and when I got home checked the pictures...the last day I was there on December 2nd I saw a buck I called "li'l 10" chasing a doe. I was just easing through the woods hunting squirrels and looking at sign and it was good to see him. Rifle deer season was ending the 3rd so I counted him as a survivor. He looked good and healthy as a 2.5 yr old 10 point could and bucks with more than 8 points are a rarity on our lease. As I was scanning through 1100 pictures I was getting concerned because "li'l 10" wasn't in any of the pics and he was always a camera hog...until I got the one and only picture of him on this card...

3e0b892a4c99e6df75e4414424668e66.jpg

It's hard to be a rack buck in Oklahoma...I see so many wounded deer it's not even funny...

Finally got pics of the young litter of pigs momma...big old white sow...

dea43c2b3eee9c5985373e7aa1650651.jpg

8aa81b4937146982eebcfdb786f178bd.jpg

And just a too pretty to not post picture in the most snow we have had in a few years...

1e6fa1f109157dda02cf2d4a39969f58.jpg

Back