"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

I drove up around 1:00 and the first concrete truck was just arriving... It was pretty hairy when he backed down in there and I was certainly hoping it wouldn't get stuck!
Attached Images
attachment.php

The ramrod on the pour is in the blue shirt and floppy hat...brought 3 boys with him from Marlow Oklahoma which is about 4.5 hours away...
Attached Images
attachment.php

I had to leave and get back to work but my wife and I drove back up after to see the entire thing done. Got another brick in the wall completed!
Attached Images
attachment.php

I walked over to the other side and checked the clover in the original plot and the camera got me... Temperature and time are correct!
Attached Images
attachment.php

Here is the house being pulled in by what they call a house cat which is a small remote controlled dozer with hydraulic hitch...
Attached Images
attachment.php

We moved our camper up there so I could stay on the property while we were getting our new home ready for occupation. It was like heaven to finally stay on our property for the first time...
Attached Images
attachment.php

As the full moon was rising that night the coyotes were going crazy in about 4 different areas... really nice out there...
Attached Images
attachment.php

I awoke to a heavy frost and turkeys gobbling everywhere...here is a picture of frost on our clover plot up on our place on April 4th 2015...
Attached Images
attachment.php

I took a little walk around looking for sheds and a few minutes after I took this pic of a hinge cut I had done I walked up on a big gobbler all alone scratching for food in our woods. I got no pics of the gobbler because he went on the alert and I couldn't get to my phone without busting him out. I was within 15 yards...
Attached Images
attachment.php

After the turkey left I eased over to the new plot and took this picture from the pond bank back toward the plot. You can see a tiny tinge of Durana Green starting in the plot and the pond has lost no water whatsoever. Another winner!
Attached Images
attachment.php

Rocks I gathered from our other property for our Masonry project. Some of this will be firepit and outdoor kitchen stuff and some of it will be for the house...
Attached Images
attachment.php

I took this pic along the woods road that runs through the center of our property. All of our deer were killed within 50 yards of this road. I think the woods in springtime are beautiful!
Attached Images
attachment.php

I always get bummed when I plant Durana the first few months but by mid summer I will get over it. All of my plots look like this for awhile...
Attached Images
attachment.php

I took my tractor up on the 6th of May after work and spread 520 lbs of pelletized lime which is all TSC had at the time and I put out 150 lbs of 8-24-24 fertilizer and this is how it looked the 10th... I walked up on several turkeys in this plot before I took this pic...
Attached Images
attachment.php

Our established plot up there has 2 clovers in it - Durana White and Barduro Red - here is a picture with both side by side...
Attached Images
attachment.php

I posted this next part May 22nd 2015 and I couldn't let it go away...

"My bride and I have been together for 18 years and married 16 years today. We have a great relationship and shared interest which is how we have a successful marriage. She enjoys our land and all the habitat work same as I do and has turned into quite the deer hunter from the girl I found in the city many years ago. I could not imagine not being married to her... She is a keeper for sure!"
Attached Images
attachment.php

Back