"Whitetail Hollow" - 90 Acres NE Oklahoma.

Blast from the past...last October.

b8f68d23f2dd2cff1d294ea29089e692.jpg

2dbd246688463d63f33403d62ebc75b4.jpg

493bf29205f0c3b24049f6b15990cf02.jpg

Don't do it!

8f2e2c780041a7df405230e58773577c.jpg

BOO!

056be155cd173a52fb0e7b86f15d9547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a better layout on the place including deer travel routes...

Legend:
Red - Property lines
Yellow - Roads through property.
Tangerine - Deer travel Routes.
Green - Plots
Blue - Water Holes.
Light Blue - Creek
Orange - Deer Stands.
Pink - Feeders/Mineral
Purple outlines - Hinge Cuts
Yellow Tack - Our home.
72616 google earth.jpg

glad i don't have bears. I would be scared every time i walked to the stand in the dark

I thought that too before we had them but now the word has changed from scared to concerned...only aggression I have witnessed is by that sow with her cubs the day I took those photos...

Forgot about the bear incident til you posted again here. We got em close by so I'm figuring it's just a matter of time till one shows up here. Enjoying the tag-a-long on this new site!

Wow, that would have terrified me. Neighbors dog ran a bear cub out of the hollow behind our place.

Last I heard there is a multi-year study going on in regards to the bears in NE Oklahoma, and until it's over, no more counties will be allowed to hunt. I'm assuming they will open up more NE counties once it's done. Tons of bears.

Forgot about the bear incident til you posted again here. We got em close by so I'm figuring it's just a matter of time till one shows up here. Enjoying the tag-a-long on this new site!

We got our first bear on cam in 2008...they have greatly increased since then...a bear is worse than a hog but a sounder of hogs is worse than a bear...

08e44b11fc3ad4f3894291df36996d10.jpg

Wow, that would have terrified me. Neighbors dog ran a bear cub out of the hollow behind our place.

Last I heard there is a multi-year study going on in regards to the bears in NE Oklahoma, and until it's over, no more counties will be allowed to hunt. I'm assuming they will open up more NE counties once it's done. Tons of bears.

We were hoping for a bear season in 2016 which is what they started telling us in 2012 but then they said the study needed 5 yrs...

6d60a6cb3e72b916bccc645c66946c3b.jpg

Were you on the QDMA forum maybe under a different handle?

722.JPG

A couple of youngsters... interesting tidbit - directly past these bucks about 80 yards I was working trimming limbs around treestands when these next few pics were taken... Buck in back is looking at something and it is not me...

I was home today and saw deer all day. I looked out the window about 6:30 and could see 4 deer in the back yard. I decided to do the watering because we still haven't gotten any rain so I watered all the trees I could reach with our hoses. I decided to wait till just after noon to go do my tree stand work across the road and when I walked out the door of our house I could see 2 deer and 2 turkeys eating clover behind our house...I should have known then what was to come. My trail runs by south plot and I could see deer on it as I was walking that way so I backed out and went around through the creek bottom. I jumped 2 groups of deer while walking through the bottom. I popped up near my stand and trimmed the limbs and eased to the North plot to grab a plotwatcher card and jumped deer using it. I then went to another stand to trim up and jumped even more deer and then as I was walking out I walked up on a momma and her twins in the south plot. Also the 3 bucks I posted pictures of above were within 75 yards of me and I didn;t even know it... Lots of deer moving in now...

Back