What spreader to buy

PecanArcher

What seed spreader do you recommend I look at? As far as food plots go, I wouldn't be doing more than a few acres. BUT, I am looking to start broadcasting a covercrop/clover mix into our pecan orchard next fall, so I would want something that can handle spreading seed over the 50acres that is the orchard. Thanks - JP

Might check to see if any of the nrcs cover crop programs would fit with your orchard and see if they have a drill to rent for first couple of plantings. $500-$600 once a year is a softer commitment than buying a drill. If usage the first year or two justifies the purchase, then buy one. Machine rent in your case will be deductible as well.

Might check to see if any of the nrcs cover crop programs would fit with your orchard and see if they have a drill to rent for first couple of plantings. $500-$600 once a year is a softer commitment than buying a drill. If usage the first year or two justifies the purchase, then buy one. Machine rent in your case will be deductible as well.

I'll look into that. Thanks

Back