What are some of the best ways to get permission to hunt a property?

Bringing cash money to cover my property taxes might get you an audience, and then we can discuss paying me interest on the money I saved to buy the land in the first place. :)

That's the way you get to hunt in Texas, lay the cash on the line ! To be honest, I have gotten permission to coyote hunt for nothing, but unless you're lucky or family, you're not gonna hunt deer here for free.

That's the way you get to hunt in Texas, lay the cash on the line ! To be honest, I have gotten permission to coyote hunt for nothing, but unless you're lucky or family, you're not gonna hunt deer here for free.
That's how it should be, share the fun, share the cost. Pennsylvania has a million acres of state game lands for people who can't afford to pay property taxes.

That's how it should be, share the fun, share the cost. Pennsylvania has a million acres of state game lands for people who can't afford to pay property taxes.

Yeah, I have no problem with it. Of course, it's been like that here for years. I hunted for squirrels as a kid on folks' land for nothing, but everybody did, we had zero deer here until the sixties, then just in pockets. I remember the first deer I ever saw! I was about 12/13 years old. I didn't see another until I was nearly grown.

I've hunted with outfitters, paid "tresspass fees " for pronghorn, went with guides to fish, why wouldn't I pay for deer hunting ? But then I've always had a problem with folks that want something for nothing !:(

If I was trying to find a farm to hunt that was hours away, I would start by calling farm supply businesses in that area. One place that I go to always has free popcorn, another place that I just started going to has homemade cookies on Saturdays. Farmers hang out at these places, and the owners and employees of these businesses should have a pretty good idea if farmers in the area have excess deer.
Good luck.

Back