Upstate Obsession

Thanks Gents. I can't take credit really, I've just attempted to implement what others have so freely shared. It's about age, nutrition and cover.

IMG_0437.JPG Rutabagas/Winfred are doing well for this time of year. Should grow some larger bulbs. Some where in the mix is a bag of sugar beets. I suspect they've been crowded out by the faster growing brassicas.

Elk...Place looks fantastic as always! The brassica plot is amazing. We won't plant until the middle of next month at the earliest. Just curious...how do you like sugar beets as a food source? I've never planted them but see them advertised for deer.

Triple,
This is my first real attempt with beets so I don't know yet. I fear they're being crowded out and it would take a pure stand to adequately grow and test.

IMG_0449.JPG Not a fan of monocultures but planted this 3/4 acre plot of turnips to help guard against February/March starvation. This will give us 5 acres of brassicas and 3+acres of corn and beans.

IMG_0450.JPG IMG_0059.JPG Hoping some fungi experts can help with these. One reminds me of coral and other was translucent like a jelly fish.

08170271.JPG 08180349.JPG And no post would be complete with a few buck pics. The buck on the left has a cheater growing on his right g2. Can't wait to see what he looks like in a coupe years.

Back