Tower blind questions?

Kwood

im currently building a 6'x6' modified octogon with seven vertical 1'x4' shooting Windows. A few questions:

Do they conceal sent well? Well enough that wind is slightly less important if you are up there plenty early?

How high should I set it with 4"x4"s, was thinking I'd do 8'.

Do deer get used to these being around? Asked differently, can I place out in open?

Thanks!

In general, I would say that box/tower blinds conceal scent quite well....may depend on how it is built and positioned. I have had very good success with tower blinds. I believe that deer absolutely get used to them.....I have deer walk right under it while sitting inside.

The elevator mounts make it a lot easier,I get mine from sportsmans guide.I also set one post on the north and south side that keeps it from falling over in strong winds

I was in mine with 40 + deer downwind on multiple occasions and didn't get winded. I caulked all seams and have deer view windows with weatherstripping added.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do you guys bow hunt ? I bought my windows from deer view Windows as well. They seem solid

Deer will get use to them relatively quickly from what I've seen. And yes they do conceal scent well, however, from personal experience, when deer are around be careful of what windows are open and which direction the wind is coming from, it can still blow your scent out of an open window.

I have had very good luck with our tower blinds. We use the elevator kits with 8 or 10 foot legs depending on how high we need to get to see what we need to. The deer don't scent us in them. The biggest factor is being able to get to and from the tower without the deer knowing you are there. Put some serious thought on where it will be placed and whether you can access it undetected. That will impact the towers success more than anything else in my experience.

I use the elevators.My blind is 10 feet off ground.I had bucks within 10 yards of it within 2 weeks of putting it up.All the deer that come past it do look up for a second but dont seem care about it to much.This could have been because i had all the trees around it removed to expand food plot.Still shot a 4.5 year old buck down wind at 16 yards.Getting in and out will be what you have to watch.

im currently building a 6'x6' modified octogon with seven vertical 1'x4' shooting Windows. A few questions:

Do they conceal sent well? Well enough that wind is slightly less important if you are up there plenty early?

How high should I set it with 4"x4"s, was thinking I'd do 8'.

Do deer get used to these being around? Asked differently, can I place out in open?

Thanks!
When I put mine up, trail cams showed does show up the following day and I had my first mature buck show up 10 days after putting it up. This was within bow range of the box blind itself.

Back