Throw and mow with hogs in the neighborhood??

GonHuntin

Almost time to plant my plots, have one that needs organic material desperately so I had planned to try throw and mow on it again (rye and clover). Tried it once before and it failed, I guess because I didn't have much thatch, this time, I think there will be enough thatch to cover the seed. I sprayed yesterday and hope to plant this weekend......no substantial rain in the 10 day forecast, but I have to plant when I can.

My hesitation in trying throw and mow now......after being run out of the area several years ago by a wildfire, the hogs came back in March/April and are probably here to stay.

Has anyone had success doing throw and mow with hogs on the place??

Almost time to plant my plots, have one that needs organic material desperately so I had planned to try throw and mow on it again (rye and clover). Tried it once before and it failed, I guess because I didn't have much thatch, this time, I think there will be enough thatch to cover the seed. I sprayed yesterday and hope to plant this weekend......no substantial rain in the 10 day forecast, but I have to plant when I can.

My hesitation in trying throw and mow now......after being run out of the area several years ago by a wildfire, the hogs came back in March/April and are probably here to stay.

I have them and they don't really mess with it. I just have them tear it up after they start growing good. It sucks going out and checking on a nice food plot and it looking like someone threw small bombs in it. They usually leave after you shoot a couple. They don't like the pressure on our place. I am going to try to shoot a few this weekend that have started showing back up.

Will find out soon. Did a t n m on our deer lease a week ago and hogs have moved in on us recently.

Back