Thoughts on cultivator

Buck268

Looking at this Fred Cain style 9 shank cultivator, is there anything particular that I should look out for before buying $475 ? cultivator.jpg

That's a great price. I paid $1k for a 2 yr old one. It does a decent job of rough tillage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer as far as equipment goes and the angle does not give me a good look but the points look ...I say look more like a chisel type tool face rather than a heart shaped tool typically found on a cultivator ...also you should know your planters row widths and tractor wheel widths and then then assure yourself that all three implements have a common row size and that row size suits your needs....
I see that the implement you are looking at does have multi drilled tool bars BUT know that if it has set outside many years you may ..just may have to cut off a lot of bolts ...I am guessing someone has set it up possibly as a chisel plow but again I cannot tell about the actual tillage tool shape and I cannot tell by the picture if the spacing is set up for rows ....as a tool it is certainly well built ...price ...might buy a pure cultivator for $100 less but I think you are getting a tool that could just might double as a chisel plow ....it will depend on how much it takes to trip the individual tool as to whether it could be buried deep to do chisel work

Bear

Back