Spring is upon us

Hoosierhunting

I know for you southern guys this is a little late, but let’s see your best Spring is here pics. Still working on my turkey but filled the livewell with these today
IMG_0843.JPG

And managed to find a few of these to complement the meal
IMG_0844.JPG
IMG_0845.JPG

I just love this time of year. Walleye running, crappie biting, mushrooms popping and turkeys struttin.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

402ef723e06780a821bd3b683fba7840.jpg

b43ea8d7adbe37cb9980bd74df90b6ed.jpg
39da285c79b05d72bf9d3a36b506591c.jpg

5e38f0d2ff506864728cde201d550ab2.jpg

070d391733b81db1c77489627007c35d.jpg

970ef240c7765000246dfc126183d657.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6f5b92303c8cf3c114a6000a70c61443.jpg
381d7e09b5dc91b8a9bd8117e1415b96.jpg

Hunted a neighbors place and found a few. I also found some pheasants back. Sliced the best of it incredibly thin and pan fried. On top of a deer steak they were pretty darn good.

I’ve got wheat growing for my dove field this fall. A little clover mixed in to build some N
b9f5b445a311ee6713c196c0a83831a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been struggling with the gobblers and mushrooms, maybe we need to get together for a meal! I’ve got a bunch of walleye fillets too, if that helps. Your wheat looks good, that green does the soul good after a Midwest winter.

Hoosier - I'm with g squared on the crappie. Freakin love a crappie fish fry! Only thing you guys need to learn to do is pronounce em like they're spelled. Ain't no "o" in crappie. Even down here, most folks now pronounce em with the "o". I'm still sticking with the "a". Love the pics!

Hoosier - I'm with g squared on the crappie. Freakin love a crappie fish fry! Only thing you guys need to learn to do is pronounce em like they're spelled. Ain't no "o" in crappie. Even down here, most folks now pronounce em with the "o". I'm still sticking with the "a". Love the pics!

Crappie with the “a” would just be crappy !:D

I always found the differences in regional dialects cool and sadly we seem to be getting homogenized. We can still argue about if it’s a soda, pop, sodapop or a Coke I guess. The old timers around here mostly call them specks, maybe good neutral ground? Things I’ve noticed disappearing from my area are “Youins” not pronounced like PA’s “yinze” but Yoo-Ins (Yankee Y’all), use of the word reckon, and the word Poke for a bag. The world is getting smaller and someday we’ll probably all sound alike. Even regional products like Dots pretzels and Ale 8 seem to be everywhere these days. I remember when I had to drive to KY just to get an Ale 8!

Nice pics! I spent many an evening chasing bream with a fly rod. I always liked floating line and white poppers for chasing the bluegills. Not a more enjoyable way to catch them.

I'm in the big time novice category when it comes to fly fishing. Still in the beginner stage of learning to cast and strip. This past weekend I improved my roll casting ability when I fished around the pond with trees and brush behind me. I'm really enjoying it and just ordering cheap panfish flies of of Amazon to figure out what the blue gills and bass like best.

The foam fly in my hand is one of two that I ordered. Lost the first one when another bass took it and pulled it off the tippet. Also improving my knots to attach to the tippet as I've lost about 3 flies that didn't break off but just pulled of the line. Gonna order a few more of these bugs and next time, throw a few black ant patterns.

I'm in the big time novice category when it comes to fly fishing. Still in the beginner stage of learning to cast and strip. This past weekend I improved my roll casting ability when I fished around the pond with trees and brush behind me. I'm really enjoying it and just ordering cheap panfish flies of of Amazon to figure out what the blue gills and bass like best.

The foam fly in my hand is one of two that I ordered. Lost the first one when another bass took it and pulled it off the tippet. Also improving my knots to attach to the tippet as I've lost about 3 flies that didn't break off but just pulled of the line. Gonna order a few more of these bugs and next time, throw a few black ant patterns.

Not sure why but so far, any fly that has chartreuse in or on it seems to attract the most fish.

I always found the differences in regional dialects cool and sadly we seem to be getting homogenized. We can still argue about if it’s a soda, pop, sodapop or a Coke I guess. The old timers around here mostly call them specks, maybe good neutral ground? Things I’ve noticed disappearing from my area are “Youins” not pronounced like PA’s “yinze” but Yoo-Ins (Yankee Y’all), use of the word reckon, and the word Poke for a bag. The world is getting smaller and someday we’ll probably all sound alike. Even regional products like Dots pretzels and Ale 8 seem to be everywhere these days. I remember when I had to drive to KY just to get an Ale 8!

Western North Carolina uses youins more than y’all.

Back