spraying clover

Bushhogging usually keeps broadleaf weeds manageable but you should be able to hit them with 24db or similar. If your grasses got out of control they should be slowing down in the next month. I think you should be able to spray then too but most grass herbicide works better in their early growth stage

Is it too late to spray clover for grass and broadleaf weeds? I've been busy and haven't got around to it. I've bushhogged it twice.
Mowing clover twice or three times a summer is a great thing, this keeps a lot of weeds at bay, but doesn't deal with the grass, because clover and grass both tolerate mowing equally well, and grass is the one thing that will quickly wipe out clover, and deer don't eat much grass.

Will Thunder control yellow nut sedge?
Yes, look under N.
Grasses and weeds controlled or suppressed by Thunder Herbicide, see label for specific information:
  • Alligator weed
  • Anoda, spurred
  • Artichoke, Jerusalem
  • Barnyardgrass
  • Bedstraw, catchweed
  • Beets, wild
  • Bluegrass, annual
  • Bristly starbur
  • Buckwheat, wild
  • Buffalobur
  • Canarygrass, littleseed
  • Carpetweed
  • Chickweed, mouseear
  • Cocklebur, common
  • Common ragweed,
  • Crabgrass, Large
  • Crabgrass, Smooth
  • Cress, hoary
  • Crowfootgrass
  • Cupgrass, robust purple
  • Cupgrass, robust white
  • Cupgrass, woolly
  • Dandelion
  • Devilsclaw
  • Dock, broadleaf (seedling)
  • Dock, curly (seedling)
  • Dodder
  • Fiddleneck
  • Filaree, redstem
  • Filaree, whitestem
  • Fleabane, rough
  • Flixweed
  • Foxtail, Giant
  • Foxtail, Green
  • Foxtail, Yellow
  • Galinsoga
  • Giant ragweed
  • Goosefoot, nettleleaf
  • Goosegrass
  • Grounsel, common
  • Henbit
  • Jimsonweed
  • Johnsongrass, Rhizome and Seedling
  • Junglerice
  • Knotweed, prostrate
  • Kochia (non-ALS resistant)
  • Lambsquarter, common
  • Lettuce, miners
  • Mallow, Venice
  • Mallow, little
  • Marshelder
  • Millet, wild proso
  • Morningglory, entireleaf
  • Morningglory, ivyleaf
  • Morningglory, pitted
  • Morningglory, smallflower
  • Morningglory, tall
  • Mustard sp
  • Mustard, wild
  • Mustards, tumble
  • Nettle, burning
  • Nightshade Eastern black
  • Nightshade hairy
  • Nightshade, black
  • Nutsedge, purple
  • Nutsedge, yellow
  • Oats, wild
  • Oxtongue, bristly
  • Panicum, Fall
  • Panicum, Texas
  • Pennycress, field
  • Pepperweed, Virginia
  • Pepperweed, field
  • Pigweed, redroot
  • Pigweed, smooth
  • Pigweed, spiny
  • Poinsettia, wild
  • Puncturevine
  • Purslane, common
  • Pusley, Florida
  • Quackgrass
  • Radish, wild
  • Ragweed, common
  • Red rice
  • Rocket, London
  • Rocket, Yellow
  • Rockpurslane, desert
  • Sage, barnyard
  • Sandbur, field
  • Shattercane
  • Shepherd's purse
  • Sida, prickly (teaweed)
  • Signalgrass, broadleaf
  • Smartweed swamp (seedling)
  • Smartweed, Pennsylvania
  • Smartweed, ladysthumb
  • Sorghum, almum
  • Sprangletop, Red
  • Spurge, petty
  • Spurge, prostrate
  • Spurge, spotted
  • Spurge, toothed
  • Spurry, corn
  • Swinecress
  • Tansy mustard, pinnate
  • Thistle, Canada
  • Thistle, Russian
  • Velvetleaf
  • Volunteer Corn
  • Volunteer barley
  • Volunteer oats
  • Volunteer wheat
  • Wartcress, creeping
  • Watercress
  • Waterhemp, common
  • Waterhemp, tall
  • Wild Proso Millet
  • Wild oats
  • Willow weed, panicle
  • Witchgrass

Is it too late to spray clover for grass and broadleaf weeds? I've been busy and haven't got around to it. I've bushhogged it twice.
Just a side note....if you choose to spray, be aware of herbicide residuals, if there are any.
I sprayed my clover last year with IMOX last year about this time - which almost precluded me from any fall seeding. This year I mowed because I'm want the opportunity to do something else.

Just a side note....if you choose to spray, be aware of herbicide residuals, if there are any.
I sprayed my clover last year with IMOX last year about this time - which almost precluded me from any fall seeding. This year I mowed because I'm want the opportunity to do something else.

To be honest this is probably the biggest drawback of IMOX/raptor. I use it sparingly in my rotations because I am afraid of some of the residuals causing a failed plot. I will say that last year I used IMOX around the middle of May in my clover. Then I learned I wasn't suppose to plant brassicas for basically one year. I went ahead and planted in the middle of July and I did not notice any issue with germination. Tonnage was great also.

I did find a study out of Oregon State saying they did the say thing, and they noticed no difference in tonnage when tested against a control. Does anyone know what the Thunder interval is?

To be honest this is probably the biggest drawback of IMOX/raptor. I use it sparingly in my rotations because I am afraid of some of the residuals causing a failed plot. I will say that last year I used IMOX around the middle of May in my clover. Then I learned I wasn't suppose to plant brassicas for basically one year. I went ahead and planted in the middle of July and I did not notice any issue with germination. Tonnage was great also.

I did find a study out of Oregon State saying they did the say thing, and they noticed no difference in tonnage when tested against a control. Does anyone know what the Thunder interval is?

Soil residual is a consideration, not a show stopper. Imox, Raptor, Thunder, Pursuit - they all are of the same chemical family. The soil residual half-life, on average is around 30 - 40 days. If you use the label rate, then that's the answer. Sometime we use more - sometimes the label says to use more. Let's say I used 6 oz of IMOX, not the 3 or 4 suggested on the label, At 30-days, I still have a relatively effective herbicide in the ground. If you used 4 ounces, you probably do not.

Sprayed mine last week to control grasses. Used 1 quart 41% glyphosate to 25 gallons of water. Checked yesterday and it had done it's job. Dead grasses, green clover. The clover was set back a little but it is rebounding with a vengeance. Deer and turkeys are HAMMERING it.

Back