Some kansas bucks

bigbrow16.jpg With rut kicking in some of my old reliables are coming back.This buck disappears when he sheds and comes back end of Oct or first of Nov.He is either 6 or 7 I would think. I have seen him one time in last 3 years and he was chasing a buck a broke that bucks main beam off at base.One picture in 2014 and almost 100 in 2015.i thought I saw him this morning but couldn't be sure then I pulled card and he showed up last night.bigbrow14.jpg bigbrow15.jpg bigbrow15.jpg bigbrow15.jpg bigbrow15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The buck in the Multiple photo's shot looks like he is following a doe at 12:14 PM back on 11/24/2015...

Looks like some nice deer!

You KS guys sure make it hard for a Nebraskan to not relocate to KS in about 2 years! Keep your eyes open for good deer properties in your neighborhoods!!

Still some decent land prices in the eastern part,thats where the knarly old bucks live.In my area I think the soil has alot to do with alittle less quality bucks than east of me

Still some decent land prices in the eastern part,thats where the knarly old bucks live.In my area I think the soil has alot to do with alittle less quality bucks than east of me
I always thought the same thing about the soil. There is a place south of you that we call the salt marsh. It has some crazy soil with unusual mineral levels in it, I've seen some crazy bucks come out of that area.

I dont think your soil can be too bad!! I would gladly trade your bucks for what I normally see while hunting here.

Certainly a great group of bucks you have. You say the land east of you is the place to be.

Kansas and Iowa are two dream states for me. Right now I hunt Kentucky and Ohio along with my home state. Good luck getting one of your target bucks on the meat pole.

Wayne

Back