Scope choice for groundhogs?

How many of you have more groundhogs show up when deer hunting than when groundhog hunting?

Have used a Nikon 3-9x40 active target bdc on a .223. The little circles don’t seem so precise to me. I want to use something with more magnification and a clearer reticle. I have only ever used duplex style but am open to a few dots on the vertical wire.

What power and what reticle have you liked for 300 yard groundhog hunting?

Thanks for your suggestions.
Happy Holidays

Leupold 4.5-14 with Fine duplex for a nice groundhog scope. I have one on my 20 Vartarg, which is my main woodchuck gun. Just the one I like, I am sure you will get several other good suggestions. I have a Leupold 6-18 with long range duplex that is a nice woodchuck scope if you want even more magnification. I like the 4.5-14 and it is plenty for woodchucks IMO.

I set my Ruger All Weather Rifle in .243 for both Groundhog and Deer Hunting. I chose a 6-16 Bushnell Banner scope for on it.
It worked great for reaching out for longer distance 'hogs and at 6 power (my favorite for Deer hunting) dropped deer with ease.

Sadly where I live now there is no Groundhogs to hunt. Just another thing I miss from the northern states.

Back