Power Plant for Whitetail Institute

Make your own for a lot less money. 4 things in power plant---beans,beans,sun hemp and sunflowers. The beans just need something to climb. I'm going with my own mix that will have something still alive after a slight frost. Nothing in power plant grows after frost at all---unless you want to attract and feed deer during the summer?

I'm sorry I didn't explain myself better. Power plant does well when planted but after you read the label you can get your own seed(same as the label on power plant) for a lot less money. I do think that some of the perennial(sp?) mixes by wi may actually be a bit better than generic seed(wi clover) but is it really worth the extra $ for a foodplot? I plan on copying wi label and then adding a little extra seed towards the end of powerplants growing season. Turnips,kale,radish and some winter rye. That will depend on how thick the plot grows---gotta have enough sunlight getting through leaf cover to grow anything. I don't like paying way too much for half as much seed because of the seed coating they throw in to "help the seeds", I think they are just helping their pocket books. Also being that I live in Minnesota I can choose seeds that will do better in my climate vs wi southern based seed resource. I'm not saying BOB is a bad product I just like to get the same results for less money. This year I'm planning to plant about 9 acres in foodplots. There isn't much around me as far as farming large acreage so I try to attract in spring and keep the deer around if possible. The mix that Paul Knox created with the intention of feeding deer year round is probably what most should follow no matter how experienced they are. Paul was a big hearted guy that found his mix thru trial and error and after he had something that worked very well he shared his knowledge with everyone for free!.

Back