PLANTED 5 TREES YESTERDAY

order them [3 apple / 2 pear ] in Sept. came tue UPS ordered from century farm orchards called and talked to david vernon great talk told him a called our country aug dept told them what i was looking for and got a list of apples and pears that would do good i my spot dave told me what of them he had and what he though he had price was as good as any i found on line he said for deer and not wanting to put a lot of work into the trees every year pear is good to go with a lot less work than apple but if i still wanted apple look at crabapples they aregreat for deer so i got 7 from Nativ Nurseries got them in 3 days before Mathew hit i live 45 miles from the SC state line coastal got good water 8-10 in of rain
has anyone tried miracle-gro water crystals got a bag put some in need help to hold water in our sand soil
thanks bill t.

Never tried the MG water crystals. Good job on the trees. You will enjoy them for a lifetime. And so will the deer.:)

I always dip my bareroots and then throw some in the planting hole.They aren't MG but water absorbable crystals to hold moisture so about the same I would imagine.How were your crabapple from native nursery

I always dip my bareroots and then throw some in the planting hole.They aren't MG but water absorbable crystals to hold moisture so about the same I would imagine.How were your crabapple from native nursery
as i said got 7 like $51.00 with shipping 7.00 each about 2 ft tall cup size root ball they are from seed

Back