One man installing 2 man ladder stand

That won'r work as I'm computer challenged and even more so with my smart phone. I make calls and text but that's about it.
I was born in the day before cell phones. Didn't have running water, inside bathroom, central heat or a phone until I was 18. Then we moved to town and talk about a shock to get everything in one day.

I am 61 and started life like you did in rural Ga. I was 7 when we got inside bathroom etc. in 1962. My parents never did get central heat or air.
the thing with technology is to embrace it instead of shun it. My sister is only 5 years older than me and she can't even use email because she didn't try to learn.

Very interested in this thread as I'm interested in new ways to safely put up and take down ladder stands by myself.
Jus purchased two of the X-Stand ladder stands that have a jaw and cable system that are supposed to lock onto tree before climbing to put on final strap. Have not put up yet.

Another way I have put stands up by myself was by using a four wheeler and ratchet straps. I hook a strap from the opposite side of tree I am leaning the stand to the top of stand with base of stand at the base of the tree. I then drive away from the tree while the stand comes up slowly. Once it is up I raise and pull backthe base of stand and get it set right. I then hook the middle base up. While the stand is still hook to the four wheeler I climb up and hook the permanent straps to the tree. This may not all sound right but does work good. It is just not possible a lot of times because of the space requirements. It also takes two ratchet straps per side so I have the length to hook up. If you have two people it is much easier. One person can start the lift while someone is on the four wheeler.

Back