Nitro Radish vs Tillage Radish

Jerry D

Any difference in these seeds?

From one dealer who sells Tillage Radish the price is $4.95 lb for a 50lb bag. This dealer has extensive offerings for all cover crop products but tends to be 30% more expensive.

From another dealer who sells Nitro Radish the price is $2.50 lb for 50lb bag. This dealer lacks clover but can offer brassicas, cereal grains and AWP.

Both dealers offer great customer service and drop the seed off at my location. I will continue to support each dealer because they each offer things I need.

Just wondering if Nitro Radish, groundhog radish, tillage radish are all pretty much the same thing?

Thanks guys!

They are all part of the Daikon Radish family. My bag says Daikon Radish and I do not show my deer any bag labels, so they think they are getting the expensive stuff. They enjoy it just the same and I am sure yours will too.

Yep - I agree with Farmer D. Some folks tend to think deer can read......if they could read they would cross the road at the signs!

My grandfather told me once, "Some fishing lures are designed to catch fish.....some are designed to catch fishermen!"

Something that Farmer D sort of brings to light here is that #1 - name brands can increase the price per unit. #2 - there can be money saved when buying in bulk.

A hard seed like radish should last a few years if stored properly so if you don't need that much right away you can save it for next year. Or you can split the cost with a fellow habitat nut as well to help get a better price point as well. Don't get me wrong

That sounds expensive. I buy Diakon Radish (and DER, PTT) for around $1.50 per lb. The key is to buy where the big farm operations buy, you'll get fresher seed for less money. It might not have the fancy bag, but what grows is fancier.

I should have said I'm in Ontario so $2.50 isn't bad considering the exchange rate.

Glad to hear they are basically the same product.
I like traveling to Ontario, Dryden or Kitchener area's mostly. Canada has a lot of good hunting and fishing, some really nice scenery, and a lot of great people.

That sounds expensive. I buy Diakon Radish (and DER, PTT) for around $1.50 per lb. The key is to buy where the big farm operations buy, you'll get fresher seed for less money. It might not have the fancy bag, but what grows is fancier.
I can get 8 acres of brassica blend cover crop for what 2.5 acres of BOB seed costs. It's more seed than I need, but I've done lots of horse trading with my excess.

Back