Nice surprise showed up.

CentralKyHunter

Put a few cams back out this week to see who was hanging around. Was pretty suprised

A6622187-616E-4B79-895D-AC38CD82711F.jpg

They sure stand out in the woods with no snow on the ground. The first time I ever saw mine in person, it honestly looked like it was glowing!

Back 10-15 years ago we had an albino buck and doe that I had watched from fawns. The buck was blind as a bat. I had a giant buck in the food plot together one evening during gun season so I decided to put a stalk on the giant. I got about 50 yards out and didn't like the shot and the giant finally moved off into the woods. The albino buck was still in the field so I waited a few minutes then begin to stalk the big deer again. I ended up walking to within 10 yards of the albino and continued on past him into the woods, he never saw me or heard me. I also never did get back on the big deer until early January with a bow when I finally got finished my quest off with an arrow. He died in the food plot that I had stalked him in earlier in the season. As for the albino, he was seen the rest of that winter and the next year he disappeared never to be seen again. I am thinking some poachers must have got him. The albino doe was still running that farm when I sold it 7 years ago. She was ancient.

Thats neat that that doe lived that long all I have read was that albinos usually have a shortened life as they usually have other abnormalities

Thats neat that that doe lived that long all I have read was that albinos usually have a shortened life as they usually have other abnormalities
I have heard that too. This one had full vision from what I could tell. She actually would have been legal to kill in Illinois because she had a big brown spot on her hind in. So I guess she wouldn't be considered full albino but did appear to have pink eyes. If she was blind it didn't seem to hinder her at all. She never did have a white fawn though. She had twins the last few years I had that farm and always had two normal fawns.

Back