Mulberry ?

Jeff H

The leaves look right for mulberry but I guess I've never seen one this small before.
My dog was tracking a rabbit in the back yard when she stopped and started eating the leaves off of this.
There's not much that will pull her off a rabbit so whatever it is it's tasty!
upload_2017-7-3_10-23-4.png

The leaves look right for mulberry but I guess I've never seen one this small before.
My dog was tracking a rabbit in the back yard when she stopped and started eating the leaves off of this.
There's not much that will pull her off a rabbit so whatever it is it's tasty!
View attachment 7908
Looks like Mulberry to me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks Native. It's hard to see in the picture but the stem is a bit more woody than that of a weed. There is also another one a couple feet away that is definitely a sapling. Both are next to the fence so it seems likely that they were born of bird droppings.
I knew mulberry leaves were preferred by deer, apparently preferred by my dog as well. Maybe I should pluck whats left and try them in a salad !

Thanks Native. It's hard to see in the picture but the stem is a bit more woody than that of a weed. There is also another one a couple feet away that is definitely a sapling. Both are next to the fence so it seems likely that they were born of bird droppings.
I knew mulberry leaves were preferred by deer, apparently preferred by my dog as well. Maybe I should pluck whats left and try them in a salad !

10-4. Sounds like a small tree. You may start a new salad trend! :)

Back