Mosquito control

all this rain this year and mild winter have the mosquitos everywhere in yard. what are some suggestions for things to put in tank sprayer to spray the yard with to help. i've never seen them this bad before but looks like they are here to stay and getting another couple of inches of rain this week.

My wife bought a citronella plant we keep on our porch. Seems to be working.

Martin houses would help as well to get them living in your yard and eating the skeeters...

Of course also getting rid of all standing water needs a mention...

Lots of mosquitoes in our yard also but we plant a lot of pollinator plants for bees and butterflies. So we avoid insecticides. I purchased one of those bug zappers that turns on in the evening and off in the morning. Kills hundreds of mosquitoes every night.

Wisdom flowable sold at TSC.

We have kids/kids' friends at our house constantly. Some of them are very sensitive to bug bites so we need to do what we can.
Wisdom sprayed on the shrubs, tall grass, shaded areas, etc. Anything you think might host a mosquito.
Really does a great job sprayed with a pump sprayer.

whats the mixing rate for wisdom flowable? i'm looking for something to put in 25 gallon sprayer to spray yard and around buildings and garden.

Rate is on the container. It's not much. 20$ worth get us me through a whole summer 1.5 acres (ish) I do spray it up on shrubs,etc. Not sure if a boom sprayer alone would be sufficient?

Lots of mosquitoes in our yard also but we plant a lot of pollinator plants for bees and butterflies. So we avoid insecticides. I purchased one of those bug zappers that turns on in the evening and off in the morning. Kills hundreds of mosquitoes every night.
A bug zapper and a 12 pack, now theres some quality entertainment right there.

Back